Architect, iOS Development
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Architect, iOS Development. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Architect, iOS Development will play a critical role in Engineering Department. Specifically, the Architect, iOS Development will lead our iOS product teams to produce amazing experiences for patients and physicians by guiding a truly talented and diverse development team.
- Perform as both a player and a coach, working collaboratively across many iOS teams to enhance the Objective-C/Swift codebase.
- Participate and/or lead code reviews, design reviews, and assist in project planning estimates as needed.
- Mentor, nurture and provide guidance to iOS team members.
- Create/test prototypes and keep up with new iOS technology that brings innovation to solve business problems.
- Drive architectural improvements across iOS products by promoting code reuse and shared components.
- Maintain and correct inefficiencies in the release process for our iOS applications.
- Assist in designing/architecting RESTful API’s.
- Assist in designing/architecting our mobile test automation process.
- 10+ years hand on full life cycle SW delivery; 5+ years iOS development.
- Strong understanding of mobile software development methods, technologies, tools and architecture (Objective-C, Swift, RESTful web services)
- Solid written and verbal communication; strong interest and ability to collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and SQL.
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks