Practice Service Coordinator
- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Practice Service Coordinator. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Practice Service Coordinator will play a critical role in the Online Care Group. Specifically, the Practice Service Coordinator will:
• Assist new practitioners during the onboarding process while working closely with other team members to ensure a positive experience
• Field questions related to credentialing, training, contracts, licensing, scheduling, compensation, and technical issues
• Review submitted practitioner applications for accuracy and completeness
• Aggressively follow up with practitioners in various stages of the onboarding process
• Track, record, and oversee onboarding status for up to 250 practitioners at a time
• Enroll new practitioners in the system database, online training modules, and provider community site
• Provide new practitioners with frequent updates and communication as they transition from each step in the onboarding process
• Create and provide weekly client status reports
• Assist with the preparation and distribution of practitioner welcome packages
• Troubleshoot technical issues with credentialing software and online application
• Manage data and document entry into credentialing software
• Assist in preparation for credentialing audits
• Assist Credentialing Manager as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 6 – 12 months healthcare related experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills over the phone and through email
• Extremely detail oriented while managing multiple tasks
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and still meet aggressive deadlines
• Capable of thriving in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Willing to work unpredictable hours and assist team members when needed
• High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Should you join American Well and the Online Care Group team, you can expect:
The Online Care Group is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing American Well’s Online Care system, AmWell, as well as 30+ client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group currently provides multiple services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans. Ranging from Urgent Care to Psychiatry services, Online Care Group operates in 45+ states, with the expectation of expanding to all 50 states in the future.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through a new and innovative technology known as Telemedicine. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. The innovation uses advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
The Online Care Group is comprised of 4 key areas: Network Operations, Quality Care, Credentialing and Recruitment. We all work together in efforts to help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their needs technology wise, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks