Director of Operations
- West Palm Beach, FL
As one of the oldest laboratories and pathology medical practices in Florida, we are committed to providing academic-caliber anatomic pathology, cytology and molecular diagnostic services to physicians and their patients in inpatient and outpatient clinical settings, including physician offices, surgery centers, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities.
We do so by providing high-quality, subspecialized diagnostic services with unmatched service levels. Our pathologist team consists of highly accessible, board-certified physicians with expertise and advanced training in several subspecialty areas, including women's health, surgical pathology, gastrointestinal pathology, urologic pathology, dermatopathology, and hematopathology.
Our passion is the patient, and our mission simple: delivering quality patient care through teamwork and exceptional laboratory services.
The Palm Beach Pathology (PBP) Director of Operations is responsible for providing business oversight for technical and non-technical operations staff in order to achieve quality, service, and cost goals. The Director of Operations assures compliance with applicable regulations, including but not limited to CLIA, the state of Florida, and CAP.
- Staffing the CLIA laboratory with appropriately credentialed technical and professional employees.
- Implementing process and procedure to maximize precision and accuracy of medical reporting and information products.
- Effective execution of the quality system.
- Publishing appropriate quality metrics for QA, regulatory, business, and medical evaluation and response.
- System audits and proficiency testing for continuous quality improvement.
- Meeting or exceeding service expectations of external customers for TAT and delivery of medical results, reports, and information products.
- Providing customer support for requests, complaints, or exception resolutions.
- Publishing appropriate service metrics for QA, regulatory, business, and medical evaluation and response.
- Establishing capital and operating budgets based on marketing plan.
- Approving and tracking all clinical operations expenses relative to budget.
- Publishing appropriate cost metrics for business evaluation and response.
- Provides administrative support for the Medical Laboratory Director in order to document laboratory and staff license and accreditation, training, competency assessment, and performance review.
- Provides consultation and support to operations and all other departments as needed.
- Ensures the physical plant and environmental conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and that they provide a safe environment for employees, in cooperation with the Medical Laboratory Director, finance, and corporate facility management.
- Collaborates with IT to ensure the LIS and related applications provide the platform and tools necessary to produce and deliver clear and accurate medical reports, information products, and management reports.
Supervises all technical and non-technical operations staff located at Palm Beach Pathology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of policies, processes, and procedures necessary to perform high quality clinical laboratory testing and to deliver these services to physician customers.
- Knowledge of quality systems and ability to evaluate laboratory performance, formulate remedial action plans, and re-evaluate random and systematic errors if needed.
- Ability to maintain the clinical laboratory at a level of inspection readiness, always.
- Ability to set, monitor, and publish results on quality, service, and cost goals.
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees in medical technology, life sciences, or health administration.
- Ten or more years of reference laboratory experience with at least two years oncology / anatomic pathology specific services.
- Five or more years of experience preparing capital and operating budgets with full bottom line P&L responsibility.
- Computer fluency in Office, Excel, and Word as well as experience with LIS and management reporting.
American Pathology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.