Medical Lab Tech I - Flow/Cytometry
- Denver, CO
As an industry-leading laboratory and pathology medical practice, UniPath, LLC provides academic-caliber, comprehensive anatomic pathology and molecular testing services. Our sole focus is helping our physician and hospital clients drive better patient outcomes. We do so by providing high-quality, subspecialized diagnostic services with unmatched service levels.
We serve physicians and their patients in inpatient and outpatient clinical settings, including physician offices, surgery centers, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities.
Our pathologist team consists of highly accessible, board-certified physicians with expertise and advanced training in several sub-specialty areas, including women's health, dermatopathology, gastrointestinal pathology, urologic pathology, hematopathology, and nephropathology.
Our passion is the patient, and our mission simple: delivering quality patient care through teamwork and exceptional laboratory services.
The Medical lab Technician (MLT) performs flow cytometry and hematology functions. This position prepares specimens using a variety of procedures for anti-body staining, acquisition, and analysis on a multi-color flow cytometer. The position also performs hematology functions including preparing and staining peripheral blood smears and bone marrow aspirates for differential counts as well as CBC on peripheral blood specimens.
- Processes specimens for Flow Cytometry including bone marrow aspirates, peripheral blood, tissues, FNA'S and body fluids.
- Stains processed specimens using monoclonal antibodies.
- Acquires stained specimen data on the multi-color flow cytometer.
- Maintains working knowledge of equipment used in the Flow Cytometry lab.
- Prepares reagents for use in the Flow laboratory.
- Performs routine CBC on peripheral blood specimens for inclusion with bone marrow morphology reports.
- Performs accurate accessioning of patient specimens.
- Ensures proper cleaning, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory instruments.
- Assists with weekly inventory of supplies and monoclonal antibodies.
- Assists with maintaining reports/logs sheets.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment at all times.
- Maintains temperature charts for equipment.
- Practices quality control procedures in order to produce accurate and valid results.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the major functions of the department in order to provide results defined by management.
- Ability to perform Flow Cytometry.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and management.
- Familiar with all equipment in the Flow laboratory.
- Ability to maintain the necessary levels of confidentiality to protect clients and laboratory employees' privacy and proprietary organizational informrtion.
- Ability to maintain mental and physical focus required to perform tasks to required standards (quantity and quality).
- Bachelors Degree with major coursework in the major physical sciences or advanced course-work in flow cytometry.
- Medical Lab Technician or equivalent and 1 - 2 years of previous experience with Flow/Heme or clinical lab testing preferred.
American Pathology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.