Medical Lab Assistant Triage Operations
- Denver, CO
As an industry-leading laboratory and pathology medical practice, UniPath, LLC, provides academic-caliber, comprehensive anatomic pathology and molecular testing services. Our sole focus is helping our physician and hospital clients drive better patient outcomes. We do so by providing high-quality, sub-specialized diagnostic services with unmatched service levels.
We serve physicians and their patients in inpatient and outpatient clinical settings, including physician offices, surgery centers, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities.
Our pathologist team consists of highly accessible, board-certified physicians with expertise and advanced training in several sub-specialty areas, including women's health, dermatopathology, gastrointestinal pathology, urologic pathology, hematopathology, and nephropathology.
Our passion is the patient, and our mission simple: delivering quality patient care through teamwork and exceptional laboratory services.
The Triage Operations MLA is responsible for performing aliquoting procedures, maintaining inventory, accessioning specimens, entering patient information into the laboratory information system (LIS), and processing specimens for testing.
· Receive and verify patient information on all paperwork & sample containers.
· Accurately accession information into the Laboratory Information System (LIS).
· Performs aliquoting per procedure manual.
· Performs proficiency testing as required and adheres to all quality, safety, and regulatory standards.
· Uses Laboratory Information System (LIS) per procedure manual.
Hours of Work:
Monday - Friday, 6:00 pm - 2:30 am.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of appropriate handling of bio-hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures and awareness of their impact on patient care/management.
- Must possess computer skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communications.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently or in small or large groups settings.
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate to solve problems and issues.
- Ability to handle stressful pressure situations and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in order to protect patient/client privacy and proprietary company information.
- Ability to readily learn new techniques and processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Laboratory experience is preferred but not required.
- Normal laboratory work environment.
- Employees in this position will receive safety training on Large Quantity Generator of Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan Implementation as it pertains to Emergency Evacuation Routes, Communication, and Alarms.
- Requires full range of body motion, including manual finger dexterity.
- Requires hand/eye coordination.
- Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
- Requires moderate physical activity and the ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Requires ability to lift and/or carry items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
American Pathology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.