Donor Relations Manager
- 116 E 16th St, New York, NY 10003, USA
The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs. A not-for-profit membership organization based in New York City, with more than 15,000 members world-wide, AMS is the hub of all things Montessori: an information center for its members, the media, and the public; a voice in the public policy arena; and a mobilizing force for the global Montessori community, through support services, accreditation, credentialing, and affiliation services, research, and professional development events and offerings.
AMS is classified as a 501(c)(3) (i.e., tax-exempt, nonprofit) organization.
AMS envisions a world in which quality Montessori education is widely recognized, highly desired, and accessible to all.
Role: The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for identifying and cultivating prospects to grow and enhance AMS fundraising and development initiatives. Responsibilities of the donor relations manager position also includes skillful customer service and relationship building with donors/stakeholders, and administrative support. As a member of the development department, the donor relations manager works collaboratively with AMS staff, members of the AMS development committee, and volunteers to identify, develop, and maintain strong relationships and opportunities to ensure AMS has the resources necessary to support the quality and professionalism of Montessori education and our community.
Reports to: Director of Development
· Conducts prospect research and identifies alignment with AMS initiatives
· Creates solicitation and year-round engagement strategies to attract new donors
· Maintains prospects portfolio reports/movements
· Ensures accuracy and timeliness data input/output
· Generate and analyze monthly development dashboard reports
· Process donations, acknowledgement letters, and other correspondences
· Assist in planning and coordinating logistics for development events including gala
· Supports committee work
· Skillful communication with donors and all stakeholders
· Performs other duties related to development as needed and assigned
· Demonstrated development experience identifying prospects leading to support; equivalent work experience including sales/marketing considered
· Experience with prospect donor software and database management
· Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint; Adobe Design Suite a plus
· Is extremely detail oriented, very organized and able to meet deadlines
· Is able to multi-task, handle a variety of responsibilities at once
· Is able to work independently
· Demonstrates initiative and problem-solving skills
· Is flexible and willing to shift priorities when circumstances require
· Thrives in and enjoys working in a team-oriented environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply upload your résumé and a cover letter describing how your experience relates to the position and your salary requirements. All must be submitted for application to be considered.
No calls, please
Equal employment opportunities and diversity among its employees are fundamental principles at the American Montessori Society.
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable laws.