Montessori Content Specialist
- 116 E 16th St, New York, NY 10003, USA
The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs. A not-for-profit membership organization based in New York City, with more than 15,000 members world-wide, AMS is the hub of all things Montessori: an information center for its members, the media, and the public; a voice in the public policy arena; and a mobilizing force for the global Montessori community, through support services, accreditation, credentialing, and affiliation services, research, and professional development events and offerings.
AMS is classified as a 501(c)(3) (i.e., tax-exempt, nonprofit) organization.
AMS envisions a world in which quality Montessori education is widely recognized, highly desired, and accessible to all.
Reports To: Director of Professional Development and Conferences
Works Closely With: AMS Directors and Professional Development staff
Location: NYC or may work remotely
TheMontessori Content Specialist is responsible for conceptualizing, creating and delivering cohesive learning and development programs for AMS membership and the general Montessori community. S/he will work with the professional development team in the advancement of AMS’ online courses, workshops, webinars, videos, and other professional development opportunities using best practices for adult learners. This can include responsibility for content development, learning design projects, as well as guiding and advising presenters and facilitators with projects. The position will also support efforts in developing Montessori-informed marketing tools.
- As subject matter specialist, research, develop, write, and edit high-quality content for Montessori and other inspired professional development activities
- Be responsible for the creation of AMS learning and professional development tools
- Utilize the correct methodologies such as awareness of learning styles, using lesson plans and other instructional design best practices for the design and delivery of learning and development products.
- Review professional development content authored by other Professional Development team members or presenters
- Facilitate webinars and other AMS professional development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of marketing content
- Deep understanding of Montessori method and its delivery to children and adult learners
- Practical knowledge of designing materials to meet all learning styles as well as delivering learning through online services.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A Montessori credential, multi-credentialed a plus
- Three to five years’ teaching experience in a Montessori classroom
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good project management skills with the ability to stay on track and meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, detail oriented
- Proficient in computer and Web skills, including but not limited to MSWord / Excel / PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Adult teaching experience, including knowledge of current theory and practice of teaching and learning
- Experience in instructional design and developing online and/or technology enhanced courses
- Teaching and learning experience in online or blended learning environments is desirable
Please upload your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience relates to the position and your salary requirements. No calls, please.
Equal employment opportunities and diversity among its employees are fundamental principles at the American Montessori Society.
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable laws.