Online Learning Support Specialist
- 116 East 16th Street NYC, New York, NY
The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs. A not-for-profit membership organization based in New York City, with more than 15,000 members world-wide, AMS is the hub of all things Montessori: an information center for its members, the media, and the public; a voice in the public policy arena; and a mobilizing force for the global Montessori community, through support services, accreditation, credentialing, and affiliation services, research, and professional development events and offerings.
AMS is classified as a 501(c)(3) (i.e., tax-exempt, nonprofit) organization.
AMS envisions a world in which quality Montessori education is widely recognized, highly desired, and accessible to all.
The Online Learning Support Specialist will assist the Director of Online Learning with online content production and support for adult learners. This positon will be responsible for recording and editing video of subject matter experts in order to develop online learning products. As part of online learning product development, this position will also work to design online modules that are interactive and promote engagement among learners. Creativity and an eye for detail is an important part of this position’s daily work. This employment opportunity is ideal for someone just entering the field of online learning and who’s looking to gain practical experience.
- Work with non-technical people to provide virtual training on various educational technology, as well as develop a series of on-demand tutorials.
- Support all elements of video recording, including, but not limited to: video/audio recording, lighting set-up, equipment set-up and testing, etc.
- Edit videos in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide support for designing and maintaining learning experience within our learning management system.
- Provide support facilitating webinars and other professional development projects.
- Ensure all projects meet development timelines.
- Collaborate with professional development team members to brainstorm “best practices” for improving online learning support.
- A bachelors’ degree.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills and able to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Experience/knowledge of learning management systems and/or other online learning authoring tools.
- Basic experience/knowledge of recording and editing video and audio, include using green screen keying, lighting and audio noise reduction.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
Preferred Technology Experience (or similar programs)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e., Adobe Premiere, Audition, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.).
- Articulate 360 (i.e., Storyline, Rise, Peak, Review, Content Library) or similar online learning authoring tool(s)
- 3-point and 5-point lighting
- HD camera equipment, including microphones
- Zoom (webinar system)
- Litmos and/or Canvas LMS
Please upload your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience relates to the position and your salary requirements. No calls, please.
Equal employment opportunities and diversity among its employees are fundamental principles at the American Montessori Society.
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable laws.