Member Development Manager (REMOTE)
About the American Montessori Society
The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs. A not-for-profit membership based in New York City, with more than 19,000 members world-wide, AMS is the hub of all things Montessori: an information center for its members, the media, and the public; a voice in the public arena; and a mobilizing force for the global Montessori community, through support services, accreditation, credentialing, and affiliation services, research, and professional development events and offerings.
AMS is classified as a 501(c) (3) (i.e., tax-exempt, nonprofit) organization.
AMS envisions a world in which quality Montessori education is widely recognized, highly desired, and accessible to all.
As a Member Development Manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of membership recruitment and retention plans, messaging, and analytics. This position requires an individual who has a solid understanding of best practices in membership recruitment, retention, and engagement. The work requires a passion for helping others.
Reports to: Senior Director of Membership & School Accreditation
Liaises with: Membership and Marketing & Communications Teams
Worksite: This is a remote position with travel 2-4 times per year, including Annual Conference
To Apply: Please submit all applications complete with a cover letter and résumé to be considered for review.
Recruitment and Retention
- Develop and implement comprehensive school, individual, and adult learner member recruitment, engagement, and retention strategies to meet AMS goals
- Meet virtually with and communicate regularly with prospective member schools
- Ensure all new member leads are captured and processed into our lead development systems
- Determine methods to collect data on key performance indicators for membership recruitment and retention including ensuring weekly reports are created with any recommendations for improvement/advancement
- Provide timely member support via email and phone
- Other duties as assigned
Member Service and Cross-Departmental Tasks
- Research the needs and views of current and potential members to provide recommendations to decision-makers.
- Ensure accuracy and availability of member resources and membership recruitment materials.
- Work with communications/marketing team to develop recruitment and retention messaging, timelines, and delivery methods that leverage the use of testing, analytics, and data.
- Invoicing and collections of new member orders
- Participate in annual conference work in various roles
- Undertake departmental tasks as delegated by Senior Director of Membership and School Accreditation
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in developing and implementing successful membership acquisition, retention, and engagement programs, and customer service within a membership association setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with constituents, including a pleasant, friendly, and courteous telephone manner; strong customer service skills; demonstrated ability to maintain records and information in an organized manner
- Strong computer background with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research, troubleshoot, document, and guide members through their AMS membership experience to positively affect customer loyalty
- Knowledge of the American Montessori Society, its members, and its member benefits.
- A self-starter with the ability to problem solve
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable laws.