Technical Sales Engineer
- Kp. Tlk. Bukit, 14000 Bukit Mertajam, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Employees can work remotely
AIM Solder is a leading global manufacturer of solder assembly materials for the electronics industry with manufacturing, distribution, and support facilities located throughout North and South America, EMEA, and Asia. We serve the electronics industry, as well as various specialized businesses, including LED lighting, mobile devices, automotive, renewable energy, and aerospace. We are committed to developing world-class products through innovative R&D and offering unparalleled sales and technical support.
At AIM Solder, our commitment to deliver high-quality products ensures our reputation as a market leader. Be part of a group recognized for its entrepreneurial and family spirit, offering unmatched flexibility when it comes to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our customers.
The Technical Sales Engineer performs sales and technical support functions for a specific region/country. The Technical Sales Engineer reports to the Technical Sales Manager, Singapore.
The Technical Sales Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Establishing and meeting sales and profit targets for the specified region.
· Maintaining profitable, market-dictated pricing.
· Making a sufficient number of direct sales calls and sales to obtain desired growth in the Region.
· Selling the Company’s complete product line to the industry.
· Working with and improving the distribution network.
· Providing feedback to AIM’s management of ways to improve the company’s sales and profit performance.
· Preparing work reports and forecasts as required.
· Coordinating sales opportunities with appropriate AIM personnel such as executives, reps, and distributors.
· Reporting activity pertaining to identified strategic accounts on a timely basis.
· Evaluating materials at customer’s sites and provide technical assistance and “trouble-shooting” of products/processes.
· Responding to customer’s request on technical support in timely manner by phone, email or visit.
· Continuously learning and demonstrating the proper use of AIM products and trouble shoot application issues.
· Identifying new applications and opportunities for existing products.
· Performing training presentations on current and new technologies to customers, distributors, and rep groups.
· Interfacing with credit and quality assurance departments, as necessary.
· Attending Technical Support group conference to exchange experiences with global colleagues
· Attending company sales meetings and industry trade shows.
· Working closely with assigned Customer Service Representative.
· Following all AIM guidelines and rules as well as all local and national laws.
The Technical Sales Engineer should possess:
· Proficiency in English, written & spoken and other languages as suitable.
· Post-Secondary Education and a minimum of 3 years of related sales experience and/or technical support experience in the circuit board assembly materials industry.
· Willingness to travel frequently as needed. 50% travel time mostly in Asia.
· Motivated and driven by targets and sales growth
· Excellent organizational and communications skills
· Excellent negotiating skills
Working for a mulitnational company, with headquarters in Canada
Medical claim policy