Administrative Assistant - $20.00/hour
- 75 Steel City Ct, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Y2, Canada
American Iron & Metal (AIM) is a family-owned company and recognized global leader in the metal recycling industry with more than 125 sites and 3500 employees worldwide. We have continued to prosper for the last eight decades (we just celebrated our 86th birthday!) thanks to the dedication of our employees and the ongoing trust and support of our customers.
Become part of team AIM, a growing team with an entrepreneurial spirit who has over the years evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with business divisions that include metal recycling, decommissioning and demolition, auto-parts sales and recycling, manufacturing of solder assemblies, construction waste recycling, and production of customized industrial and mining products.
We take pride in doing good things for the environment to help create a greener, more sustainable future for all.
It’s simple; we do it right. We AIM for excellence
• Creating purchase orders, work orders and calling distributors
• Investigate, verify, and resolve any discrepancies between sales/purchase
• Input large volumes of data with high accuracy, scanning and filing paperwork, answering of phone etc.
• Maintain accurate and complete records in internal AIM software system
• Coordinate high volumes of documentation within tight timelines
• Review and provide inventory spare parts for work orders
• Other administrative tasks as assigned
• Proven experience in a similar role or other relevant support experience
• Some mechanical background is considered an asset
• Experience with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, etc.
• Detail oriented and accuracy driven
• Strong analytical and investigative skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Good customer service and relationship building skills
• The ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Permanent, full-time position
- Group insurance after three months
- Group RRSP after six months