Site Supervisor - Peterborough
- 1726 Morton Line, Cavan, ON L0A 1C0, Canada
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Become a part of AIM’s history.
We have continued to prosper for the last eight decades through our employees’ strength and our clients’ trust, thus establishing our international presence and diversifying our expertise. Take your place at AIM Global, an integrated chain comprised of five divisions who work in collaboration to revalorize resources such as metals, construction waste, end-of-life vehicles and urban areas. We invest in our installations and employees to ensure a better future for all.
Are you a self-starter with the ability to learn new processes and concepts quickly? The successful candidate posses the ability to provide excellent customer while working in a fast-paced environment.
It’s simple; we do it right. We AIM for excellence.
Under the authority of the Site Manager, the Site Supervisor will help to supervise, lead and control, in part, operational tasks relating to the designated yard. He/she will respond effectively to quality and productivity and health and safety requirements. In partnership with the Manager, they will assist in planning of operations and collaborate with management to continuously optimize and improve processes.
The goal is to ensure that operations are carried out productively so as to ensure profitability and sustainable growth.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Help set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Receive complaints and resolve problems
- Maintain Quality Control levels
- Balancing the cash count and daily reporting
- Conduct daily toolbox talk meetings
- Participate in weekly meetings as required
- Ensure communication is maintained with employees and Senior Management
- Maintain timekeeping and personnel records
- Prepare and submit performance reports
- General yard and warehouse housekeeping
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
- This position may require Saturday work
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
- Ability to manage various positions within the yard
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
What we offer:
- Permanent and full-time position;
- 44 hours per week, including some rotating weekend work
- Opportunity for overtime;
Group Health and Dental insurance a
Group RRSP after 6 months (optional);
- Workwear and work boots provided after 3 months
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.