Manager Fixed Assets accounting
- 9100 Boul Henri-Bourassa E, Montréal-Est, QC H1E 2S4, Canada
ARE YOU FORGED FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Recycles globally. Join us in our mission to recycle more than 3,000,000 tonnes of metals worldwide each year. At AIM Recycling, we recycle metals to their maximum capacity. For over 80 years, we've been working together to make a positive difference.
Be part of our team to contribute to the growth of our company and to support our recycling activities in North America. It's simple: we do it right. We strive for excellence.
- Recommend updates to procedures, controls, and accounting policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company’s fixed assets are accurately tracked and accounted for
- Design and provide management with decision making financial reports and KPI’s.
- Coordinate physical counts of fixed assets and compare count information with information in financial systems.
- Ensure consistent fixed asset information across multiple systems.
- Coordinate fixed asset improvement projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate the activities related to the centralization of fixed assets.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the fixed asset analysts and technicians.
- Participate in the year end audit.
- Ensure an effective collaboration between the finance fixed asset team and other teams within the company and recommend and lead initiatives to improve the various workflows.
- Carry out period reviews of fixed asset impairment and obsolescence.
- Provide requested information as needed to the tax team.
- Coordinate the preparation of ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Monitor R&M expenses related to fixed assets.
- Coordinate the preparation of various fixed asset reports and forecasts for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the business to develop budgets and monitor capex spending and liaise with business to review capital spend and update forecasts as required.
- University degree in Finance/accounting or in a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience
- Experience in managing a team.
- Problem solving skills including analytical and research skills.
- Ability to build strong business partnerships.
- Strong Communication skills including verbal and written (reports, memos, follow-ups, etc.)
Permanent position Full time Stimulating, dynamic and pleasant work environment; What we offer:
Group insurance; Group RRSP; Free coffee; Free parking; Subsidized dinner; Gym on site; Bonus plan; Social events (BBQ, Taffy on snow, raffles, etc.).
The American Iron & Metal Company and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to all. The masculine is only used to lighten the text. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.