Purchasing and logistics coordinator
- 9100 Boul Henri-Bourassa E, Montréal-Est, QC H1E 2S4, Canada
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM SOLDER?
Join a team that is focused on servicing the exciting global electronics assembly industry.
At AIM Solder, our commitment to deliver high-quality products ensures our reputation as a market leader. Be part of a group recognized for its entrepreneurial and family spirit, offering unmatched flexibility when it comes to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our customers.
It’s simple: we do it right.
AIM for excellence.
Looking for your next challenge? AIM Metals & Alloys is looking for a Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator to support an existing team of professionals. Come share your expertise in this area and join us for a unique personal and professional experience that will accelerate your growth.
Under the supervision of the Director, Procurement & Logistics, the candidate will be responsible for managing suppliers, coordinating raw materials on time and preparing/compliant customs documents to meet import/export needs.
- Ensure that the purchasing procedure is followed and applied;
- Manage and prioritize internal customer requests (production and maintenance replenishment);
- Issue, follow up and follow-up on purchase orders with suppliers;
- Research new sources of supply to reduce costs and increase savings;
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers;
- Analyze and consolidate divisional requirements;
- Maintain an up-to-date list of approved suppliers;
- Work closely with buyers in our international divisions;
- Develop cost analysis reports as needed;
- Regularly track and trace and coordinate inbound/outbound shipments: sea, land and air.
- Interact with all government institutions on customs, border protection, trade agreements and import/export permits.
- Monitor inbound and outbound shipments and resolve any issues that arise en route: late deliveries, rejections, rerouting, rescheduling, transshipment, etc.
- Obtain quotes for various shipments (road, sea, air) & reserve containers or trucks;
- Interact with customs brokers;
- Check and verify invoices;
- All other related tasks.
- Possess a DEC in supply management or related field
- Excellent communication skills with internal clients;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the logistics field;
- Experience in procurement in a manufacturing environment, an asset;
- Experience in hazardous materials management (an asset);
- Knowledge of customs regulations (an asset);
- Ability to learn new computer systems;
- Demonstrate initiative and good organizational skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Ability to manage priorities in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Bilingual in French and English. (Spanish an asset)
What we offer :
- Group insurance;
- Group RRSP;
- Free coffee;
- Free parking;
- Subsidized lunch;
- Gym on site;
- Social events (BBQ, Taffy on Snow, raffles, etc.).
The American Iron & Steel Company and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to all. The masculine gender is used only to lighten the text. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.