- 75 Steel City Ct, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Y2, Canada
American Iron & Metal (AIM) is a family-owned, Canadian-based company founded in 1936 in Montreal, Quebec. Recognized as one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers, AIM has evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with a global footprint.
At AIM, we understand that the well-being of our employees is the key factor for our international success. Accordingly, we promote a safe, fair and dynamic work environment that provides excellent training programs and career advancement plans and maintains the highest safety standards.
If you are looking for career development and an opportunity to work for a company that promotes growth, then keep reading!
American Iron & Metal is in search of a highly independent Administrative Assistant/Site Coordinator to support our Director of Operations and his direct report Managers(5). The successful incumbent will manage business-related tasks for the team such as creating reports, filing of various documents both electronic and paper, preparation of correspondence to various parties, tracking hours and logging them in our internal ERP system for Payroll, compilation of various data at the request of the Yard team, and many other organizational tasks. In this role you will be both office based and out in the yard working with the managers; proper PPE will be provided. You will also support calendar management for the Director, Operations and team. To be successful in this role, you should have an intermediate understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, have great problem-solving skills, and have previous experience in a support role.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Calendar Management for Senior leader.
- Helping prepare for meetings and accurately recording minutes from meetings.
- Working with Managers to track their employees hours and update our ERP system for Payroll.
- Log, monitor and distribute yard radios, jackets and other company property to the teams per shift.
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentations.
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Support senior leaders in updating employee performance review files.
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed.
- Obtain feedback and suggestions from team, consolidate and present them to the Director and Managers.
- Support managers in employee onboarding process; submit IT Tickets and keep open communication with HR and cross functional teams.
- Making travel arrangements for Director and Team.
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Other duties will apply.
- Proven experience as an assistant or other relevant support experience.
- Some College or University with a focus on Administration is preferred.
- Bilingual in French & English is considered an asset.
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
- Some knowledge of identifying metal alloys is helpful, but not required.
- Comfortable working in a construction/scrap yard setting and wearing proper PPE/steel toed boots.
If you are interested in this amazing career opportunity, please apply directly to this ad with your resume and cover letter outlining how you would benefit our already dynamic team !