- 4350 Harvester Rd, Burlington, ON L7L 5S4, Canada
Mainstream Metals is a Steel Service Centre that serves a variety of metal and industrial markets. Mainstream operates from a 100,000 square foot plant in Burlington, Ontario. Mainstream offers a full line of products to customers that vary in size from large manufacturers to specialized product designers. At Mainstream Metals each customer is treated with the same attention and commitment to superior service, dependability and quality products. Our Service Center includes vast product inventory and processing capabilities. Mainstream Metals is driven by progressive thinking, high-quality, and safe standards.
American Iron & Metal currently has an opening at our Mainstream Metals Inc. Division in Burlington, Ont.
We are a growth-oriented metal distribution and processing company looking for a career-minded Shear Operator with experience.
Candidates that show capabilities from similar experience or background may be considered. Must enjoy a fast-paced environment AND take pride in your work.
This position is responsible to set up and operate power-shear machines to cut steel and other materials, such as sheets and plates to specified dimensions and angles.
- Shears and trims metal sheet and plate according to written or verbal instructions, sketches, blue prints etc.
- Starts machine, adjusts blade gap, rake angle and back-gauge controls, and monitors operation.
- Perform daily preventative measures such as lubricating and cleaning machines, with daily record keeping.
- Lifts work piece manually, by forklift or by overhead crane, positions and secures against guides and stops.
- Lays out cutting lines to obtain maximum number of pieces from stock.
- Measures dimensions of work piece, using tape, gauge, template, or rule and square, for conformance to specifications.
- At least 3 years’ experience with the use of hydraulic shears.
- Ability to set-up and run machinery without supervision.
- Forklift or Crane license considered an asset however we will provide training to the right candidate.
- Ability to check and measure parts to ensure accuracy and precision. (standard tape measure and micrometer).
- Ability to lift up-to 50lbs
- Full time hours with potential overtime, paid after 44 hours.
- Monday - Friday with some overtime available on Saturdays (based on company needs)
- Day and Afternoon shifts
- Pension and benefits.
- Public transportation is available at this location
Come and join one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers !
We thank all who apply however only those qualified for this position will be contacted.