- 4350 Harvester Rd, Burlington, ON L7L 5S4, Canada
Mainstream Metals is a Steel Service Centre that serves a variety of metal and industrial markets. Mainstream operates from a 100,000 square foot plant in Burlington, Ontario. Mainstream offers a full line of products to customers that vary in size from large manufacturers to specialized product designers. At Mainstream Metals each customer is treated with the same attention and commitment to superior service, dependability and quality products. Our Service Center includes vast product inventory and processing capabilities. Mainstream Metals is driven by progressive thinking, high-quality, and safe standards.
Mainstream Metals Inc. is currently recruiting for an Shipper / Receiver (Forklift Operator) for metal distribution and metal processed parts in Burlington, Ontario. The qualified candidate is responsible for the handling of all materials and must be able to operate a forklift and overhead crane. The candidate would be responsible for all activities required for shipping and receiving and inspecting incoming shipments according to Mainstream requirements and standard operating procedures.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Offloading incoming materials from customer or supplier trucks using forklifts and/or overhead cranes.
- Accurately fill orders from pick lists or sales orders and prepare shipments of finished parts.
- Operate forklift, overhead crane or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Performing dimensional comparisons in accordance with company requirements.
- Monitor inventory and accuracy through cycle counts.
- Working knowledge of receiving, quality control and shipping practices.
- Some general labor duties.
- Working knowledge of measurements and measuring equipment (caliper, OD and depth micrometer).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills and able to work with multiple departments.
- Minimum 3 years of shipping and receiving experience.
- Must have an outstanding safety record and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with WHMIS
- Education Required: HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Steel experience is a plus.
- Certificates & Licenses Forklift, Overhead Crane Certified.
- Full time hours with potential overtime, paid after 44 hours.
- Monday - Friday with some overtime available on Saturdays (based on company needs).
- Pension and benefits
- Public transportation is available at this location
Majority of work is performed on the production floor and the incoming inspection area.
Come and join one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers !