Business Development Manager - Ont
- 4350 Harvester Rd, Burlington, ON L7L 5S4, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR KENNY U-PULL?
Get ready to immerse yourself in a professional playground of cars.
Become our clients’ ally to provide the best customer service. At Kenny U-Pull, we adhere to high operational standards to maintain an organized and efficient workspace where we repurpose cars and their parts to give them a second life. Join our team in one of North America’s leading companies in the self-service auto part industry.
It’s simple: we do it right. We aim for excellence.
Reporting to the Senior Purchasing Director, the Director, Business Development will be responsible for covering the Ontario and Maritimes area, managing major accounts, and managing a team of buyers on the road.
The Director, Business Development will be primarily responsible for setting up a sales structure, developing and maintaining a customer base for Ontario and the Maritimes. He will also be responsible for coaching his team to develop the market with different clients to reach the targeted objectives. The Business Development Director will be located in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Director, Business Development, will also be responsible to:
- Collaborate with senior management in the action plan development to increase the business opportunities.
- Manage independently major account by working closely with key internal partners according to the needs of key accounts.
- Prepare and deliver functional reports to the senior management team on the objective’s achievement.
- Develop and implement initiatives and strategies to achieve sales objectives for each region.
- Develop and adapt continuously the sales structure to meet market changes.
- Establish performance indicators (KPIs) in partnership with the Senior Director of Purchasing.
- Generate performance reports, analyze gaps, and identify business opportunities.
- Ensure effective communication between the purchasing team and the branches (logistics, production, etc.).
- Report regularly on strategic accounts and analyze the data.
- Identify new market opportunities by following closely the new trends, organizational changes and market developments.
- Collaborate with the various branches located in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Have a minimum of 8 years of sales experience including 4 years in managing a sales team.
- Experience in managing major accounts and experience in a car dealership environment would be an asset.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate to build successful relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both languages (French and English) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and maintain business relationships.
- Ability to interact with integrity at all times.
- Ability to navigate multiple computer platforms.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism with all levels of clients, team members and management.
- Be comfortable in a changing environment requiring a high level of autonomy and flexibility.
- Work schedule: L-V
- Full-time, permanent position.
What we offer:
- Vehicle and company phone offered;
- Group insurance after 3 months;
- Group RRSP after 6 months;
- Bonus plan; Social events (BBQ, Taffy on snow, raffles, etc.).
The American Iron & Metal Company and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to all. The masculine is only used to lighten the text. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.