Industrial Millwright/Mechanic (Afternoon Shift)
- 75 Steel City Ct, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Y2, Canada
American Iron & Metal (AIM) is a family-owned, Canadian-based company founded in 1936 in Montreal, Quebec. Recognized as one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers, AIM has evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with a global footprint.
At AIM, we understand that the well-being of our employees is the key factor for our international success. Accordingly, we promote a safe, fair and dynamic work environment that provides excellent training programs and career advancement plans and maintains the highest safety standards.
If you are looking for career development and an opportunity to work for a company that promotes growth, then keep reading!
American Iron and Metal, (AIM) is a growth-oriented metal recycling and processing company located in Hamilton, Ontario. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Full-time Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright to join our team for the Afternoon 3-11pm shift.
We are looking for someone who is a motivated, tenacious, eager to learn and take on a challenge.
Responsibilities will include:
Taking a job from start to finish; troubleshoot, identify deficiency, consult manuals, drawings, tech support, order parts, replace parts, adjust settings, confirm proper operation, make recommendations for continuous improvement. All typical millwright/industrial mechanic duties
- Industrial mechanic/ millwright minimum 3 years’ experience.
- 433A license is required
- Experience working safely in a heavy industrial setting.
- Job requires working indoors, outdoors, exposure to the elements
- Proficient in welding and torch cutting a must.
- Able to conduct and complete scheduled Preventative Maintenance tasks and checklists
- Able to complete work orders and ensure any parts that are used are documented for reordering.
- Eager to learn the proper operation and diagnostic capabilities of state-of-the-art equipment.
- Able to work independently and stay focused and on-task.
- Able to prioritize urgency based on production requirements.
- Able to stay on task past regular scheduled hours to ensure completion.
Applicants with proven mechanical aptitude will be considered in high regard. This position is ideal for a person with Scrap yard experience and/or industries with transferable skills- stamping, mining.
If you are interested in this amazing career opportunity, please apply directly to this ad with your resume outlining how you would benefit our already dynamic team !