- 75 Steel City Ct, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Y2, Canada
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Take recycling to a global scale.
Join us in our mission to recycle more than 3 000 000 tons of metal every year across the globe. At AIM Recycling, we recycle metals to the maximum of their capacity. For more than 80 years, we have been uniting our strengths to make a positive difference. Join our team to contribute to our company’s growth and to support our recycling activities in North America.
It’s simple: we do it right. We aim for excellence.
The Sales Representative will be analytical minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget. Coordinates and executes sales activities for Catalytic converters in an auto or truck salvage yard /automotive or truck service center or on site of stationary diesel equipment. Sales Representative is responsible for purchasing and managing inventories of precious metals and catalytic converters for our California division.
We are looking for an energetic self-motivated individual who will help us take our precious metal recycling program to the next level. Rise up and join our dynamic team of buyers.
The incumbent will cover the South Hamilton, Brantford, London, and St. Catharines territory.
- Manage customer and community relationships to retain and gain sales revenue through various directories, websites and other channels, research potential catalytic converter suppliers and keep an up-to-date record of this information in a computer database.
- Prepare quotes and have them approved by the manager.
- Look into the selling price of metals daily.
- Analyze and monitor the markets in real time for the sale of precious metals and help assess risk associated with sales and exchange rates.
- Check materials received to ensure they reflect the product purchased.
- Input the inventory data for converters and precious metals, including pricing and sales information.
- Carry out on-site checks to ensure that the quantities in the system and on the floor match.
- Document and formalize procedures.
- Sustain relationships and build a long-term loyal book of business with exceptional customer service.
- Continue to explore and develop additional service line sales, based on the trust developed with customers.
- Work closely with the executive team to define specific sales goals and measures of success for assigned territories and the company overall.
- Produce sales goal updates and statue report updates on a regular basis as required to document all sales effort.
- Keep all sales activity tracked and up to date in an acceptable format for quick reference and support of sales action.
- Always look for opportunities to add new services, improve services and ways to create a market edge.
- Interact with operations leadership and frontline associates to understand route and facility capacity, efficiency and profitability related to service stops and customers.
- Always present oneself in a polished and professional manner, both in appearance/dress and with a positive communication style.
- Always apply the best judgement and ethical practice, treating all customers and the community as we would like to be treated.
- Always apply the best judgement and ethical practice, treating all customers and the community as we would like to be treated
- Possess a College Degree, with relevant experience of 2-5 years prior sales experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the Spanish language (an asset);
- Expert knowledge of the Office Suite (particularly Excel);
- Hold a valid G Class Driver’s licence and a clean driving record;
- Hold a valid Passport.
- Priority management;
- Comfortable with numbers and math;
- Customer service.
- Work schedule: 44 hours per week;
- Permanent, full-time;
- Travel (85% of the time on the road).
What we offer :
- Group insurance after three months;
- Group RRSP after six months;
- Bonus plan;
- Social events (BBQ, Sugar Shack, raffles, etc.).
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. The masculine form is used solely to make the text easier to read. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.