- 2185 Montée Masson, Laval, QC H7E 4P2, Canada
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Take recycling to a global scale.
Join us in our mission to recycle more than 3 000 000 tons of metal every year across the globe. At AIM Recycling, we recycle metals to the maximum of their capacity. For more than 80 years, we have been uniting our strengths to make a positive difference. Join our team to contribute to our company’s growth and to support our recycling activities in North America.
It’s simple: we do it right. We aim for excellence.
In collaboration with the Director, the Buyer is responsible for the purchase of catalytic converters and for continuous training regarding catalytic converters. The incumbent will develop business by identifying new opportunities in the industry. The Buyer will be called upon to work in close collaboration with all personnel, the various departments of the company as well as with the suppliers.
The incumbent will cover the territory of Montreal, Drummondville, Sherbrooke and Granby.
• Analysis and evaluation of catalytic converters;
• Be a trainer and provide continuous training with all our sites by traveling to different sites;
• Responsible for negotiating contracts and their conditions as well as the legal aspects of purchase contracts;
• Responsible for ensuring maximum profitability while remaining competitive;
• Perform market analysis to establish the desired criteria in the purchase of products;
• Ensure coverage of metal prices;
• Responsible for communicating new market trends (ex. price updates, new target markets etc.);
• Evaluate alternative suppliers, new customers and new products, analyze offers and make supplier recommendations.
- Possess a DES or DEP, with relevant experience of 1 to 3 years in a similar experience;
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Knowledge of the Spanish language (an asset);
- Proficiency in the Office Suite (particularly Excel);
- Hold a valid Class 5 driver's license and a good driving record;
- Hold a valid Passport.
- Priority management;
- Be skillful with numbers and calculations;
- Customer service.
- Work schedule: 40 hours per week;
- Permanent, full time;
- A lot of travel (between 80% to 100% of time on the road).
What we offer:
- Group insurance after three months
- Group RRSP after six months
- Free coffee
- Free parking
- Subsidized lunch
- Onsite gym
- Bonus plan
- Social events (BBQ, sugaring off, draws, etc.)
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. The masculine form is used solely to make the text easier to read. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.