- 145 Gateway St, Saint John, NB E2M 5S8, Canada
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Take recycling to a global scale.
Join us in our mission to recycle more than 3 000 000 tons of metal every year across the globe. At AIM Recycling, we recycle metals to the maximum of their capacity. For more than 80 years, we have been uniting our strengths to make a positive difference. Join our team to contribute to our company’s growth and to support our recycling activities in North America.
It’s simple: we do it right. We aim for excellence.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Advisor plans, organizes, directs and controls the human resources activities for their client group. The Human Resources Advisor plays an advisory role, coaching and supporting managers on various aspects of the daily management of their teams with regard to HRM, with the goal of maintaining a work environment that is conducive to the teams’ development and achievement of the business objectives.
The areas of responsibility include workforce management, compensation, discipline management and the implementation and monitoring of various human resources programs and policies.
Health and safety:
- Work with our H&S department and managers to implement and maintain health and safety operating procedures
- Complete report of work incidents and KPI
- Lead incident investigation by analyzing the cause, identification of corrective action
- Coach the managers in better practice regarding the H&S
- Follow up with our training program, make sure the employees are updated in their training
- Lead the return-to-work program with the managers
- Take charge of communicating the client group’s culture and values.
- Provide coaching and advisory services for managers to support them in the daily management of their team, with the goal of continuous improvement of management practices.
- Coordinate the needs of the workforce in collaboration with the manager
- Take charge of the recruitment process (posting, interview)
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process and the annual salary review cycle.
- Provide advice to managers with regard to disputes, disciplinary notices and job terminations.
- Take part in special projects and other initiatives (employee engagement/mobilization, performance improvement, change management, etc.).
- Take charge of the progression and coordination of integration plans for the client group’s key personnel.
- Manage complaints related to compliance with standards.
- University diploma in industrial relations or human resource management
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Office Suite
- Fluent English and French
- Availability for occasional travel
- Influential leadership, an analytical mind and objectivity in the performance of the responsibilities
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and the ability to build partnerships
- Strong organizational skills and independence
- Excellent communications skills
- Capacity to work under pressure
What we offer:
- Group insurance after three months
- Group RRSP after six months
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.