Automation Tester at Marietta GA
- Greys Rise Way, Marietta, GA 30008, USA
- Authors test cases for mid-size computer systems, or discrete portions of a larger, complex computer system, and maybe involved in test strategy development for projects and systems. Works with other members of the project team to gain necessary input and execute appropriate revisions to ensure accurate and complete software testing activities.
- Writes and execute tests to prove systems functionality, verify business and user requirements are met and that systems will operate as expected in the production environment.
- Accurately estimates the magnitude and time requirements to complete small testing tasks such as bug regression, minor system updates, etc. Provides accurate and timely updates to project manager and/or team lead on progress.
- Assists in internal peer reviews of test cases from other engineers prior to and following execution as required to ensure issues/errors with the test scripts are identified and resolved
- Reports status, progress, and concerns in a proactive, consistent and accurate manner to senior team members and to the Project Manager directly or via the Testing Lead.
- Possesses a working understanding of the requirements elicitation, analysis, and specification process including user requirement specifications and functional specifications for mid-size applications.
- Reviews requirements specifications for testability and verifying/ensuring traceability of testing to requirements and vice versa.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of the system and project testing strategies/approaches and the company CSV and SDLC processes
- Keeps current on software applications testing industry knowledge and computer validation systems knowledge by attending industry conferences, reading industry periodicals and training via workshop attendance and self-study.
- Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of test case creation and test execution; ability to create and execute test cases including the creation of test data
- Possess fine-tuned analytical skills and be very detail-oriented.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness to learn and comply with company CSV and SDLC processes
- Ability to work well with a variety of colleagues from different aspects of a project team and translate computer system functional specifications into testing scenarios and scripts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 1 year application software testing or computer systems validation experience, or other comparable work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional travel.