Governance and Executive Operations
- 7101 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) is the only nationally recognized interdisciplinary professional membership organization that represents the interests of the entire medical genetics team including clinical geneticists, clinical laboratory geneticists, and genetic counselors. Together, the ACMG and its members engage in coordinated efforts to improve patient care, ensure optimal reimbursement for genetic service providers, establish standards of care and laboratory policy, and educate members about advances important to their practices.
The ACMG Foundation for Genetic and Genomic Medicine (ACMGF) is a nonprofit organization established in 1992 to support the mission of ACMG to “translate genes into health.” ACMGF works to foster charitable giving and promote training opportunities to attract future medical geneticists and build a community of supporters and contributors who understand the importance of medical genetics and genomics in healthcare.
About this Opportunity
The Governance and Administrative Manager will work closely with the Chief Operations Officer to carry out the missions of the ACMG and the ACMGF. Specific responsibilities will include administratively supporting the both Boards of Directors; overseeing the ACMGF fellowships, training opportunities, and awards, and assisting with coordination of staff engagement activities. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following key attributes: organization, attention to detail and accuracy, thoughtfulness, discretion, as well as an ability to manage multiple deadlines. Due to the current conditions this role will be remote. Once our office reopens, this role will work in our headquarter office located in Bethesda, Maryland.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Board Support (50%)
- Oversees meeting planning support to ensure successful planning and execution of meetings for the ACMG and ACMGF Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Governance Committee, Finance Committee, Audit Committee, and ad hoc committees of the Board.
- Coordinates Board engagement and development program, including tracking individualized participation and records for each board member (including onboarding, committee placement, volunteer opportunities, recognition, etc.).
- Manage contacts and maintain up to date records to ensure outstanding customer relationship management.
Fellowships Awards and Donor Management (30%)
- Oversees the application and selection process for all ACMGF professional fellowship and training awards (i.e. Next Generation Fellowships, David L. Rimoin Lifetime Achievement Award, Dr. Michael S. Watson Innovation Award, Carolyn Mills Lovell Award etc.).
- Manages ACMGF administrative assistant to ensure donor acknowledgement letters are sent in timely manner.
- Coordinates the annual Summer Scholars program including applications, student-site match, and works with the Accounting Department to process student stipends.
- Manages details for Foundation activities during the ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting (award recipients, receptions, committee meetings, Day of Caring, etc.).
Staff Engagement (20%)
- Coordinates monthly staff Brown Bag training sessions.
- Leads staff Engagement Committee, coordinates monthly staff meetings, and activities.
- Assists COO with planning and execution of annual staff retreat.
- Technical Capacity: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; working knowledge iMIS or association management software a plus
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Collaboration skills
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) proficiency
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Association Management
- Strong project management skills including the ability to organize and prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet multiple competing deadlines and the ability to delegate projects to the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Supervisory skills
- Possess a professional presence and strong work ethic and commitment to customer service
This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. Ability to travel domestically occasionally, up to 10%.
Benefits and Salary
The salary for this exempt, full-time position shall be commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMG offers an excellent benefits package.
How To Apply
Please click I'm Interested to upload your resume and cover letter and three professional references. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.