- 7101 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics is an organization composed of biochemical, clinical, cytogenetic, medical and molecular geneticists, genetic counselors and other health care professionals committed to the practice of medical genetics. ACMG was incorporated in 1991 to give national representation to providers of genetic services and their patients with genetic disorders and to speak for the emerging specialty of medical genetics in organizations and agencies concerned with medical service, certification, and regulatory issues. ACMG provides education, resources, and a voice for the medical genetics profession and its mission is to improve health through genetics and genomics.
This role supports the activities of the National Coordinating Center for the Regional Genetics Networks (NCC), which is a cooperative agreement between the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and ACMG. The mission of the NCC is to work with the seven Regional Genetics Networks (RGNs) and the National Genetics Education and Family Support Center (Family Center) to improve access to genetic services for medically underserved populations.
This position will help support the efforts of the NCC through assistance with workgroups, national projects, and NCC staff. The position will be responsible for maintaining the NCC Clinical Services Directory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
40% Administrative Support
- Provides administrative support for the NCC
- Serves as the scribe for project conference calls and meetings
- Schedules conference calls
- Tracks project status and deadlines
- Conducts various internet research projects
- Runs reports from database, Excel, or other systems
- Assists in preparing for project meetings (e.g. roster development, printing materials, scheduling travel, etc.)
- Maintains updated electronic filing system
- Takes on other miscellaneous typing, data entry, organization, and assistance with major projects as assigned
30% Clinical Services Directory
- Maintain the clinic records in the ACMG “Find a Genetic Service” directory by conducting outreaching to clinics (email and phone calls) and working with the RGNs to ensure their clinic information is as accurate and robust as possible.
- Assist in the leadership of the NCC Clinical Services Directory Development Group.
20% Digital Outreach
- Develop a monthly social media calendar for the NCC Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts that promotes the NCC, RGNs, and Family Center.
- Post on each of the social media channels.
- Develop the quarterly NCC GENE (Genetics Education Newsletter), in consultation with NCC staff and NCC Genetics and Genomics Education Workgroup.
- Continuously research the educational resources of the RGNs and Family Center, as well as national partners, that can be promoted to genetic stakeholders.
10% External Meetings Support
- Attends external meetings and conferences as required
- Staffs the NCC exhibit booth at conferences and meetings as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
- Technical Capacity: high proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; working knowledge of Microsoft Visio a plus; working knowledge to develop promotional graphics
- Experience with HTML/websites or other Content Management Software
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Critical Thinking
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication (oral and written) Proficiency
- Experience with utilization of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram professionally
- Bachelors degree required or four years of equivalent work experience)
- Demonstrated interest in Public Health, Genetics, or Biology (either through coursework or related work experience)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
BENEFITS AND SALARY:
The salary for this Non-Exempt, full-time position shall be commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMG offers an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click I'm Interested to upload your:
- Cover Letter
Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer.