ACMG Foundation Manager
- 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
The ACMG Foundation for Genetic and Genomic Medicine (ACMGF) is a nonprofit organization established in 1992 to support the mission of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) to “translate genes into health.” ACMGF works to foster charitable giving and promote training opportunities to attract future medical geneticists and build a community of supporters and contributors who understand the importance of medical genetics and genomics in healthcare.
Working closely with the ACMGF Chief Executive Officer and the Director of Administration, the Foundation Manager promotes ACMGF’s culture of philanthropy across staff and volunteer leadership. This role supports the ACMGF Board of Directors and executive team in cultivating significant partnerships, coordinating fundraising activities, stewarding donors, managing annual appeals, and other development-related activities. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following key attributes: organization, accuracy, thoroughness, discretion, and an ability to manage multiple deadlines. This role will work in our headquarter office located in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Manages the organization’s fundraising initiatives to meet annual fundraising goals.
- Prepares annual appeals (at least two annually), blast emails and monthly updates.
- Supports the Executive Director and Board in developing and managing a donor pipeline of new and existing individual and corporate supporters.
- Manages campaign and solicitation strategy for the Foundation Board and committees.
- Manages details for Foundation activities during the ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting (award recipients, receptions, committee meetings, Day of Caring, etc.).
- Oversees the application and selection process for all ACMGF professional and training awards (i.e. Next Generation Fellowships, David L. Rimoin Lifetime Achievement Award, Carol Lovell Award etc.).
- Coordinates annually the Summer Scholars program including applications, student site match, and works with the Accounting Department to process student stipends.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents for ACMG/ACMGF publications (i.e. Genetics in Medicine, ACMG News Magazine, the Medical Geneticist).
- B.A. or B.S., required
- 5-7 years of relevant fundraising/development experience required
- Experience managing requests of organization leaders and supporting nonprofit boards desired
- Ability to maintain productive and professional working relationships with team members, Foundation leadership, planning committees, and external partner
- Technical Capacity: advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; working knowledge iMIS or association management software a plus
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Collaboration skills
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) proficiency
Benefits and Salary
The base salary for this exempt, full-time position will be in the range of $70,000 - $80,000 per year commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMGF offers an excellent benefits package.
How To Apply
Please click I'm Interested to upload your resume and cover letter, with salary requirements and three professional references. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.