- 7101 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) is the only nationally recognized interdisciplinary professional membership organization that represents the interests of the entire medical genetics team including clinical geneticists, clinical laboratory geneticists, and genetic counselors. Together, the ACMG and its members engage in coordinated efforts to improve patient care, ensure optimal reimbursement for genetic service providers, establish standards of care and laboratory policy, and educate members about advances important to their practices.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This role will provide high-level administrative support to the ACMG and ACMG Foundation Board of Directors, volunteer committee members, and our executive team. Daily tasks will include: scheduling meetings, arranging conference calls, preparing correspondence, coordinating travel and managing travel reimbursements and handling requests for information. The role will work closely with the Director of Administration and interface with executive leaders of ACMG and external stakeholders. In addition, this role will lead efforts to coordinate fundraising events and annual staff activities. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following key attributes: organization, attention to detail and accuracy, thoughtfulness, discretion, as well as an ability to manage multiple deadlines. This role will work in our headquarter office located in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Manages Chief Executive Officer schedule and ensures appropriate materials are prepared for internal and external meetings.
- Manages meetings and conference calls of ACMG and ACMGF Board, committees, and workgroups.
- Arranges travel, accommodations, itineraries, all correspondence related to arrangements and reviews travel reimbursements for accuracy prior to submission to the Accounting Department.
- Prepares and distributes meeting materials, records and transcribes minutes.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents as requested.
- Supports execution of ACMG Foundation activities during the ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting (award recipients, receptions, committee meetings, Day of Caring, etc.).
- Assists with planning company events, meetings, and employee team building activities or special projects.
- Maintains inventory and office supplies, anticipates office needs ordering supplies when necessary.
- Answers phones, routes calls to the correct person or department.
- Technical Capacity: advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; working knowledge iMIS or association management software a plus
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Collaboration skills
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) proficiency
- B.A. or B.S., required (or equivalent work experience)
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience required
- Experience managing requests of organization leaders and supporting nonprofit boards desired
- Ability to maintain productive and professional working relationships with team members, College leadership, planning committees, and members
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The base salary for this exempt, full-time position will be in the range of $75,000 - $85,000 per year commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMG offers an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
We are committed to finding an individual who will make lasting contributions to our organization. This is a key role that requires technical skill, professional maturity and discretion. As such, the recruitment process is a bit rigorous. However, ACMG is a great place to work and offers a robust benefits package.
Please click I'm Interested to upload your resume and cover letter and three professional references. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 30 lbs.