Trucking Logistics Account Manager
- Philadelphia, PA, United States
America Chung Nam is one of the world’s largest exporters of recovered paper in the US and a leading exporter in Europe and Asia. We have been consistently recognized as the top American exporter to China since 2001. America Chung Nam was founded in 1990 and is based in City of Industry, California with additional offices in New Jersey, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Japan, South Korea, and China.
The Logistics Account Manager serves as a primary contact for clients and carriers. This individual is responsible for carrier development with for-hire motor carriers and onboarding vetted capacity to ensure customer expectations are met. The Logistics Account Manager will strengthen relationships, knowledge, and negotiation skills to secure the capacity needed within assigned territories. He or she will also provide excellent and consistent customer service, to increase organic growth and pursue additional new business opportunities. This role will work closely with other Logistics Account Managers and Representatives to ensure that our customer and company expectations are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver operational excellence to customers, carriers, buyers, and suppliers
• Manage shipments on a daily basis, including procurement of capacity and negotiation of favorable pricing to increase revenue growth
• Participate in carrier development to solidify relationships with motor carriers and understand their capabilities and strengths
• Grow our portfolio of quality carriers
• Collaborate with logistics team to understand customer needs and requirements, and create solutions for efficiencies and cost savings
• Practice a detailed understanding of the truckload industry, carrier strengths, equipment options, regulations, seasonality, and regional or nationwide market pricing
• Offer pricing guidance and market intelligence to buyers, and internal logistics colleagues
• Communicate with buyers and buyer assistants regarding truckload requests, spot logistic solutions, freight quotations, and internal customer project needs
• Thoroughly track and document assigned shipments to ensure tracking expectations are achieved, and drive corrective actions when necessary
• Constantly review carrier service levels to guarantee KPI’s are met
• Escalate potential carrier service concerns to logistics leadership and resolve issues
• Escalate any client or buyer challenges to logistics leadership for prompt attention
• Lead efforts to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that result in efficiencies, stellar customer service, and lower operational costs
• Understand company capabilities to effectively communicate service offerings to customers and share our expectations with core carriers
Education and Requirements:
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in multimodal logistics, with trucking brokerage experience strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Capable of multi-tasking and managing duties simultaneously
• Ability to persuade, influences, and negotiate with others
• Works well in a team environment and collaborates with internal departments
• Maintains a positive attitude and stays motivated in a fast-paced work setting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.