HR Manager-Bilingual Chinese
- City of Industry, CA, USA
America Chung Nam is the world leader in paper recycling. Since 2001, ACN has been the Top US Exporter by volume, and we are an innovative company with a culture based on long-term relationships. During the last 26 years, ACN has grown into a billion-dollar company and global leader in providing an integrated supply chain for recyclables from around the world. ACN maintains a nurturing and creative corporate environment for our most valued assets — our employees. America Chung Nam promotes socially conscious values, such as giving back to our communities, both globally and domestically, and the protection of our planet’s natural resources.
- Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Plan the Company Outing and Annual Party
- Prepares budget of human resources and administration operations
- Support with special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; or HR certification from an accredited program/college
- Fluent Chinese Mandarin required.
- 5+ years of experience of full life-cycle recruiting. Experience recruiting for high level and/or technical positions preferred.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Knowledge of federal and California employment laws, EEO regulations, and standard HR practices and procedures
- A high level of confidentiality in handling employee information
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines, manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a creative member of various teams
- Proficient on MS Office, including Excel/Word; experience with ATS
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and exercise good judgment
- Present a responsive and polished professional manner
- Experience maintaining an accurate database of potential candidate resumes versus hiring needs
- Honest, dependable, hard-working, detail-oriented, and proactive thinker with a friendly/ positive attitude
- Relentless with follow-up skills
- Work well in team environment while being held independently accountable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.