Bilingual (Chinese Mandarin) Staff Accountant--AR
- City of Industry, CA, USA
America Chung Nam is the world’s largest exporter of recovered paper in the US and a leading exporter in Europe and Asia. We have been consistently recognized as the top American exporter to China since 2001. America Chung Nam was founded in 1990 and is based in City of Industry, California with additional offices in New Jersey, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Japan, South Korea, and China.
Responsible for managing the overall operation of Accounts Payable transactions ensuring that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP, government legislation, and Corporate internal accounting principles and practices.
Work with overseas Supplier Team for invoice processing and review, internal and external departments for all sales invoice related issues
Answer all inquiries (by telephone or e-mail) regarding payment status in a professional manner and, under no circumstance, provide any confidential information about the company and its payment procedures.
Process daily cash receipts on timely basis, ensure accurate posting in general ledger
Prepare Daily Letter of Credit (L/C) Availability of Discount Report to CFO, Controller and Accounting Assistant Manager.
Process invoice accurately and ensures payment is collected within the payment term,
Communicate with L/C Negotiating bank to ensure L/C settlements and related charges from the bank are accurate.
- Investigate bank charges detail and make sure we didn’t receive over-charges from the banks;
- Reconcile Bank Statement with cash receipts posted in SAP;
- Prepare AR aging report on a monthly basis; monitor and collect all past due invoices;
- Prepare and send to customers AR aging report timely in order to collect payment on time;
- Reconcile open balances with customers on a monthly basis;
- Monitor cash receipts entered in SAP by overseas offices;
- Process refunds and claims as requested by customers and marketing departments following company protocol.
- Process acceptance advices into SAP;
Provide monthly A/R report and bank charge report on time.
Follow company A/R processing procedure
Follow the company’s policy regarding computer security procedures and electronic file retention and back-up.
Other tasks as assigned by Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting and/or finance
- SAP software experience preferred
- Bilingual - English and Chinese Mandarin
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Integrity, commitment/dedication, respect for others, pursuer of excellence and innovation
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing work situations and environments
- Strong time management, organization, project management, and report writing skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.