Bilingual (Chinese Mandarin) Staff Accountant
- Industry, CA, USA
America Chung Nam is the world’s largest exporter of recovered paper in the US and a leading exporter in Europe and Asia. We have been consistently recognized as the top American exporter to China since 2001. America Chung Nam was founded in 1990 and is based in City of Industry, California with additional offices in New Jersey, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Japan, South Korea, and China.
Responsible for managing the overall operation of Accounts Payable transactions ensuring that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP, government legislation, and Corporate internal accounting principles and practices.
- Review and process all A/P invoices - AP Suppliers, Ocean, CCIC, Extra cost cases, trucking, custom broker, non-trade invoices and etc.
- Prepare and process ACH & check payments for all vendors.
- Provide payment details to all vendors.
- Communicate and resolve inquiries from all vendors.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Review and reconcile Aging Reports and maintain suppliers informed regarding account profile.
- Issue Credit Memo and Debit Memo and communicate with various departments for approval and supporting documents.
- Review posted invoices, cross check for discrepancies and make adjustments accordingly.
- Overall responsibility for completeness and accuracy of accounts payable accounting.
- Coordinate and/or perform daily accounts payable accounting activities.
- Perform and/or review in a timely manner: daily and closing journal entries; account reconciliations
- Provide timely and accurate information in response to vendor inquiries and reporting that evidences a strong understanding of GAAP and Foundation of company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the operation and integrity of the departmental accounts payable system and ensure accounts payable functions are delivered effectively and efficiently for our vendors.
- Conduct regular reviews of the Accounts Payable policies and procedures to identify issues and provide suggestions for improvement to current procedures and systems to ensure that it meets company requirements and is achieved with maximum efficiency.
- Undertake a range of operational activities associated with accounts payable including providing an escalation point for extra cost cases, providing advice to vendors, file maintenance, monthly reconciliations, invoicing and claims management and other relevant duties as required.
- Ensure that payments have been processed timely.
- Process check clearing in SAP.
- Post cash receipt in SAP (TT and checks).
- Investigate bank charges detail and make sure we didn’t receive over-charges from the banks.
- Reconcile Bank Statement with cash receipts posted in SAP, payments posted in SAP.
- Responsible for preparing Bank Account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Maintain professional relationships and a high level of customer service with our vendors.
- Participate on cross-functional activities as needed.
- Participate in ongoing training and education to enhance professional expertise.
- Perform other Accounts Payable activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting and/or finance
- SAP software experience preferred
- Bilingual - English and Chinese Mandarin
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Integrity, commitment/dedication, respect for others, pursuer of excellence and innovation
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing work situations and environments
- Strong time management, organization, project management, and report writing skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.