HR & Employment Law Manager
- City of Industry, CA, USA
America Chung Nam is the world leader in paper recycling. Over the last 25 years, ACN has grown into a billion-dollar company and global leader in providing an integrated supply chain for recyclables from around the world. Since 2001, ACN has been the Top US Exporter by volume; we are an innovative company with a culture based on long-term relationships. Headquartered in City of Industry, CA, we also have offices in New Jersey, the UK, Netherlands, Japan and China.
Progressive legal professional sought for this challenging and rewarding position in human resources and employment law. Strong HR team looking for a like-minded individual to join our highly successful and productive organization. We are looking for a seasoned professional with strong labor law and employee relations experience - this position reports directly to the head of HR. Due to the employee population's needs, bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese is preferred.
- Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Conducts research on current labor laws and ensure company policies are aligned with state and federal laws
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Counsels department managers and Senior Management on employment compliance and best practices to minimize employer liability
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Plan the Company Outing and Annual Party
- Support 6 affiliated companies in HR services
- Prepares budget of human resources and administration operations
- Support with special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; or HR certification from an accredited program/college
- 4+ years of experience of full life-cycle recruiting. Experience recruiting for high level and/or technical positions preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in an HR generalist or business partner role
- 3+ years of managerial experience leading an HR organization
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Knowledge of federal and California employment laws, EEO regulations, and standard HR practices and procedures
- A high level of confidentiality in handling employee information
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines, manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a creative member of various teams
- Proficient on MS Office, including Excel/Word; experience with ATS
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and exercise good judgment
- Present a responsive and polished professional manner
- Honest, dependable, hard-working, detail-oriented, and proactive thinker with a friendly/ positive attitude
- Relentless with follow-up skills
- Work well in team environment while being held independently accountable
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English preferred
*****Local Candidates Preferred*****
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.