Paper Recycling-Marketing Director
- Hoboken, NJ, USA
America Chung Nam is the world leader in paper recycling. Since 2001, ACN has been the Top US Exporter by volume, and we are an innovative company with a culture based on long-term relationships. During the last 26 years, ACN has grown into a billion-dollar company and global leader in providing an integrated supply chain for recyclables from around the world. ACN maintains a nurturing and creative corporate environment for our most valued assets — our employees. America Chung Nam promotes socially conscious values, such as giving back to our communities, both globally and domestically, and the protection of our planet’s natural resources.
The Paper Recycling Account Manager is responsible for the procurement of recyclable paper as well as the internal operational reporting and market analysis associated with such activity. Establishing and maintaining supplier and vendor relationships and expertly communicating market conditions are among the primary tasks of this job. The Paper Recycling Account Manager will spend a significant amount of time on the phone and in the field with current and prospective clients and vendors, inspecting raw materials, and negotiating agreements required to meet the procurement goals.
- Meeting procurement targets while maintaining quality specifications, resolving quality issues as they arise, providing first-class customer service, and gathering market information for further analysis
- Develop new business as well as enhancing existing supplier relations
- Build concrete business relationships through proper communication channels via phone calls, emails, plant/office visits, off-site meetings such as industry-related events and recreational outings with the sole intention to increase trust and loyalty between ACN and supplier
- Develop new territories and establish/maintain supplier relationships
- Clear communication with the back office in order to provide a high standard of service
- Negotiate large transactions on a daily basis
- Develop market and pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Yield more tonnage through existing supplier relationships, such as partnerships, joint ventures, supply contracts, acquisitions, etc.
- Gather daily market intelligence for internal discussions and reports
- Procure tonnage according price and buy modes (set by GS) which are based primarily on customer mill demand and supplier need
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or related field
- Extensive experience in a procurement type of role
- Strong negotiation and analytical / problem solving abilities
- Professional appearance
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Affinity with working in an international environment
- Honest, hardworking, motivated, quick thinking, good with numbers, good with people, have a good sense of humor, being an interesting person, responsible, responsive, and focused
- Self-motivation, entrepreneurial mentality combined with proper time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.