Fiber Procurement Account Manager--Bilingual in French
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
America Chung Nam B.V. (ACN Europe) is the European headquarters of America Chung Nam, the worlds leading exporter in the recovered paper and scrap plastic industry. Operations in Rotterdam started in 2000 and we are currently active in over 20 European countries.
Our mission is to be the global leader in the recovered paper and scrap plastics industries. Our continuous search to increase our volumes, quality and profitability are the key elements that drive us every day. Our core values are: teamwork, communication, professionalism and respect.
The Fiber Procurement Manager is responsible for the procurement of recyclable paper as well as the internal operational reporting and market analysis associated with such activity. Establishing and maintaining supplier and vendor relationships and expertly communicating market conditions are among the primary tasks of this job. The Paper Procurement Manager will spend a significant amount of time on the phone and in the field with current and prospective clients and vendors, inspecting raw materials, and negotiating agreements required to meet the procurement goals.
- Meeting procurement targets while maintaining quality specifications, resolving quality issues as they arise, providing first-class customer service, and gathering market information for further analysis
- Develop new business as well as enhancing existing supplier relations
- Build concrete business relationships through proper communication channels via phone calls, emails, plant/office visits, off-site meetings such as industry-related events and recreational outings with the sole intention to increase trust and loyalty between ACN and supplier
- Develop new territories and establish/maintain supplier relationships
- Clear communication with the back office in order to provide a high standard of service
- Negotiate large transactions on a daily basis
- Develop market and pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Yield more tonnage through existing supplier relationships, such as partnerships, joint ventures, supply contracts, acquisitions, etc.
- Gather daily market intelligence for internal discussions and reports
- Procure tonnage according price and buy modes (set by GS) which are based primarily on customer mill demand and supplier need
- Must be fluent in French
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or related field
- Extensive experience in a procurement type of role
- Strong negotiation and analytical / problem solving abilities
- Professional appearance
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Affinity with working in an international environment
- Honest, hardworking, motivated, quick thinking, good with numbers, good with people, have a good sense of humor, being an interesting person, responsible, responsive, and focused
- Self-motivation, entrepreneurial mentality combined with proper time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.