Assistant Manager - Finance
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
America Chung Nam B.V. (ACN Europe) is the European headquarters of America Chung Nam, the worlds leading exporter in the recovered paper and scrap plastic industry. Operations in Rotterdam started in 2000 and we are currently active in over 20 European countries.
Our mission is to be the global leader in the recovered paper and scrap plastics industries. Our continuous search to increase our volumes, quality and profitability are the key elements that drive us every day. Our core values are: teamwork, communication, professionalism and respect.
As an Assistant Manager Finance you are responsible for the daily operations within Finance
- Daily Management of the Accounting, AP and OAP team (Including One on Ones and Scorecard)
- Coordinating and executing daily accounting tasks, internal controls and routine workload of the Accounting staff
- Coordinate financial processes
- Monthly Close (and General Accounting)
- Prepare for and assist with internal and external audits
- VAT set up and control
- Back Up for Senior Finance Manager and Accounting Specialist
- Protecting the company from financial risks by verifying credibility of new suppliers and vendors
- Review and monitor customer credit and collections and credit insurance
- Process Improvement
- Protocol process (updating and improving)
- Archiving / All other ad hoc tasks / projects
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in general accounting (preferably in international environment)
- Language skills (speaking, reading writing): Dutch and English
Accuracy / Eye for detail
Placing a lot of importance on accuracy of work.
- Takes care of and monitors his/her own and others’ work in detail of his/her own accord. Works systematically. Takes into account efficiency of his/her own and others’ work.
Tackling a problem by looking at the big picture and by identifying connections between specific parts. Discovering patterns or connections between problems that are not immediately obvious.
- Simplifies complex cases. Reduces ideas, issues, and observations to one existing concept or overview. Focuses on the major issues in a complex situation.
Develops and promotes the expertise and skill of employees by means of coaching, training, and education.
- Provides feedback in terms of behavior.. Expresses positive expectations of future behavior or provides suggestions for improvement.
The motivation to deliver results on the basis of predetermined goals until the desired result is achieved and meets a certain standard.
- Sets challenging objectives for himself/herself and others - such as improving quality and productivity - on the basis of cost/benefit analyses and ideas about his/her own department.
Demonstrating awareness of other people and their environment as well as their influence on this. Behavior that attests to the recognition of the feelings and needs of others
- Recognizes and comprehends the needs, feelings, and thoughts of others by showing interest and acting professionally. As a result, is able to motivate other employees/organizational departments to translate emotions into action, resulting in appropriate partnerships.
*****Local Candidates Preferred*****
All job offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the Company’s background check process, including employment history, education, references, criminal record, a motor vehicle record, and any other data that may be necessary to analyze a candidate’s qualifications