Director of Sales & Marketing
- 1163 Fairway Dr, City of Industry, CA 91789, USA
America Chung Nam is the world’s largest exporter of recovered paper in the US and a leading exporter in Europe and Asia. We have been consistently recognized as the top American exporter to China since 2001. America Chung Nam was founded in 1990 and is based in City of Industry, California with additional offices in New Jersey, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Japan, South Korea, and China.
Director of Sales & Marketing reports directly to the CEO and works with the COO and RVP on various marketing and commercial projects. Provide market analysis and data regarding the recovered paper industry and internal operational reporting. Establishing and maintaining supplier and vendor relationships and expertly communicating market conditions are among the primary tasks of this job. This senior level position will spend a significant amount of time on the phone and in the field with current and prospective clients and vendors, inspecting raw materials, and negotiating agreements required to meet the procurement goals.
- Provide consultation and guidance to CEO on market conditions and outlook
- Meeting procurement targets while maintaining quality specifications, resolving quality issues as they arise, providing first-class customer service, and gathering market information for further analysis
- Develop new business as well as enhancing existing supplier relations
- Build concrete business relationships through proper communication channels via phone calls, emails, plant/office visits, off-site meetings such as industry-related events and recreational outings with the sole intention to increase trust and loyalty between ACN and supplier
- Develop new territories and establish/maintain supplier relationships
- Clear communication with the back office in order to provide a high standard of service
- Negotiate large transactions on a daily basis
- Develop market and pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Yield more tonnage through existing supplier relationships, such as partnerships, joint ventures, supply contracts, acquisitions, etc.
- Gather daily market intelligence for internal discussions and reports
- Procure tonnage according price and buy modes (set by GS) which are based primarily on customer mill demand and supplier need
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or related field
- Extensive experience in a procurement type of role
- Strong negotiation and analytical / problem solving abilities
- Professional appearance
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Affinity with working in an international environment
- Honest, hardworking, motivated, quick thinking, good with numbers, good with people, have a good sense of humor, being an interesting person, responsible, responsive, and focused
- Self-motivation, entrepreneurial mentality combined with proper time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated to progress into senior leadership roles
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.