Grants and Finance Manager
- Seattle, WA, USA
Amara is committed to positive long-term outcomes for children and families. We drive systemic change, promote healing, and advance racial and LGBTQIA+ equity by offering programs and services to families engaged with foster care and to adoptees and families, post-adoption.
At Amara, we believe that a supportive, equitable and inclusive workplace, where everyone feels valued, trusted and nurtured, is key to shaping organizational culture and investing in underrepresented communities. Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strongly invite candidates from diverse backgrounds, including communities of color, the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Amara has an opportunity for a Grants & Finance Manager who will be responsible for providing expertise in pre and post award policies, practices and fiscal administration. The Grants & Finance Manager will oversee Amara’s grant and contract program from proposal development to tracking financial metrics through the life of the grant/contract. This person will work in close coordination with the Development team, Finance team, and Program Directors to ensure federal, state, and local grant requirements are met.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Amara’s mission, vision, and values. They will have strong interpersonal and administrative skills with outstanding attention to details, enjoy working to improve processes and be the liaison between the finance, development, and program teams.
If you are energized by the Amara mission and ready to contribute your expertise in helping us continue another 100 years on creating and following through on ambitious plans in service to improving children’s well-being, we would love to hear from you.
Under the general supervision of the CFO, the duties of the Grants & Finance Manager will include but not limited to:
- Build infrastructure to manage and track cost management/expense allocation for new and ongoing grants and contracts.
- Interpret state and federal rules and regulations for use of funds.
- Develop policies and protocols as well as enforce best practices to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Apply subject matter expertise and methodologies to assist in conducting research, analyzing data, and providing support for organizational, management and process improvement initiatives.
- Take the lead in providing budgets for grant/contract proposals by analyzing and appropriating the organization’s cost structure
- Monitor and track grant/contract activities and key expense metrics in relation to expected schedules and requirements, assuring correct utilization of funding.
- Produce expenditure reports of ongoing activities as required by grant programs as well as projections and communicate to all stakeholders of ongoing progress.
- Manage ad hoc technical or financial activities to address management needs, including analysis of cost data for grants.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration or 3-5 years of relevant work experience. MBA/CPA preferred.
- Candidates with any combination of education and experience that clearly demonstrates the ability and skill to perform the duties of the position will be given full consideration.
· Have a background and knowledge of accounting principles and practices and internal controls required for proper accounting work.
· Strong experience in grant management (preferably of federal funds), overall fiscal management, and budgeting.
· Familiarity with federal grant management regulations.
· Are able to conduct and analyze capability, gap analysis, and preparing reports.
· Have a track record of developing and maintaining working relationships with a variety of constituents and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Are flexible and can adapt as required, while working in a multi-faceted and sometimes ambiguous environment.
· Are comfortable and proficient with the use of office productivity tools in daily work (Microsoft Suite, Quickbooks).
· Strong financial and analytical skills using Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Demonstrated program or project management experience.
· Strong team-building skills and experience working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
· The ability to work independently.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present proposals, progress reports, and recommendations to work teams, management, and external groups in verbal and in written forms.
· Demonstrated experience and skill in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
· Experience demonstrating the ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously under tight deadlines and producing high-quality deliverables in a timely manner.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position (40 hours per week) with an annual salary of $65,000 - $75,000, depending on experience. Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, paid sabbatical; health, vision, and dental insurance; 401k with a company match; and life and disability insurance. The successful candidate will have flexibility to work-from-home and will have office space in one of our locations in Pierce or King County.
Criminal Background Check
Because this position has access to confidential client, employee, or financial information OR direct interaction with children, any final candidate hired into this position must successfully pass a criminal background check performed by the State of Washington. Any job offer is contingent on successfully passing this background check. A list of disqualifying convictions for this position is available at https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/default/files/FSA/bccu/documents/Secretary%27sCrimesListforALLPrograms.pdf.
To express your interest in this position, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter indicating why this position is the right opportunity for you in Smart Recruiters. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.