Chief Financial Officer
- 5907 Martin Luther King Jr Way S, Seattle, WA 98118, USA
Amara works to ensure that every child in foster care has the love and support of a committed family –as quickly as possible, and for as long as the child needs.
Each year Amara serves more than 1,500 children and adults through three core programs: Emergency Sanctuary, Foster Care and Adoption, and Post-Adoption. When a child enters foster care, Amara provides them with a safe place to land at their Emergency Sanctuaries in King and Pierce Counties. If a child cannot return to their family, Amara partners with families on their behalf. To do that, Amara prepares foster and adoptive families through individualized insights and support. Amara recognizes that adoption is a lifetime commitment and continues to be a resource post-adoption for adoptees and those who love them.
Amara seeks a part-time (.2 FTE) Chief Financial Officer. This is a new position in response to Amara’s growth and increasing complexity. A seasoned, energetic, and self-motivated leader, the Chief Financial Officer provides overall vision, leadership, and strategic direction for Amara’s Finance, HR and Operations. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and oversees the Director of Finance and Administration. The Chief Financial Officer serves as an essential member of the senior leadership team. Peer relationships include the Chief Clinical Officer and the Chief Philanthropy Officer.
Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strive for equity and justice in the way people are treated and the opportunities they have to succeed by working to address racism, unequal treatment and other barriers to inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds (including communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities) to apply and join us in our work.
The Chief Financial Officer will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Manage and develop Director of Finance and support Director in management and development of their team
- Direct Board Investment/Audit/Finance committee governance and reporting
- Lead/support risk management activities and conversations with leadership including risk assessment, legal and insurance matters
- Cashflow forecasting
- Cash management
- Banking and Investment oversight
Accounting and Compliance:
- With the Director of Finance, review, update and oversee internal controls and division of duties
- Oversee annual audit process and preparation of 990, coordinate with auditors and Finance Committee/Board
- Direct monthly accounting cycle to ensure accurate and timely reconciliations and financial reports
- Direct monthly, quarterly reporting to leadership: Board of Directors, Finance Committee, and CEO
- Lead annual budgeting process with leadership team in partnership with CEO and Director of Finance
- Oversee tax and compliance reporting, ensuring timely reporting and compliance are maintained
HR, IT and Facilities:
- Oversee strategic HR, IT and Facilities planning – do we have the right systems, solutions and partners in place to support our current work and our growth?
- Support Director of Finance in managing HR, IT and Facilities
- A deep, passionate, and enthusiastic commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Amara.
- A minimum of ten years of financial management and supervision.
- Visionary, innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into concrete action plans and results.
- A self-starter who is eager to take initiative.
- Results oriented, metrics focused, and team oriented.
- Experience overseeing best-practices and inclusive HR procedures a plus.
The Chief Financial Officer role at Amara is part-time (.2 FTE) and an exempt position. The salary is
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a letter of interest and resume. Please include in your letter why this opportunity at this point in your career is attractive.