AmaliTech Services is a fast-growing software development company. We deliver software solutions to clients ranging from major international brands to innovative startups across Europe and Africa. We work with cutting-edge technology to deliver outstanding products and offer employees continuous growth and development opportunities and international exposure. With headquarters in Germany, we are over 300 team members based in Ghana (Takoradi and Accra) and Rwanda (Kigali).
AmaliTech Services is a subsidiary of AmaliTech. AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa. It reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
Title: Staffing Manager
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Ghana – Accra or Takoradi
Work Model: Hybrid, a combination of working from office and home.
Staffing is a critical business function at the heart of what we do at AmaliTech. As the Staffing Manager, you will manage our staffing process and team and ensure we assign the right profiles to suitable projects and clients. Together, we strive for excellence in all our processes and decisions to find the best solutions for our clients, teams, and people.
AmaliTech’s staffing team works to allocate and utilise the young and ambitious talents that join our organisation to build their careers. The staffing team manages the life cycle of all AmaliTech professionals — from understanding their skills and career ambitions and matching them with clients and projects to rewarding their contributions and supporting career progression and mobility. You will work closely with our Business Development, Account Management, HR, Recruiting, and Finance colleagues.
- Build and lead our staffing team. This includes (but is not limited to) guiding the team on a day-to-day basis, problem-solving any critical escalations from the team, supporting the team’s developmental journey at AmaliTech and supporting the team’s staffing activity, as needed.
- Be a thought partner to the leadership team by understanding the business situation and capacity utilisation (e.g., availability of IT professionals and their skills, project pipeline), providing updates and reports to support effective staffing decisions, optimising billability, and balancing supply and demand.
- Create and continuously optimise AmaliTech´s staffing strategy, including quick adjustment to new skill demands in collaboration with HR and other functions.
- Lead continuous improvement in staffing operating model, process, and policies to enhance staffing transparency, efficiency, and effectiveness and drive operational excellence.
- Serve as the team's first point of contact for escalation to make staffing decisions that balance project requirements, business needs and people preferences/needs; escalate to the management team as necessary.
- Spread awareness of our staffing processes and policies across the organisation by communicating broadly and facilitating meetings with different groups to review and discuss our policies.
- Obtain detailed information on current and upcoming staffing needs from our business development and account managers.
- Join technical discussions with clients where required to understand staffing requirements.
- Maintain an overview of the talent pool available (to date and upcoming in collaboration with our Recruitment Team and our Training Centre).
- Develop staffing proposals based on business priorities, project demand, individual preferences, and development needs.
- Facilitate discussions between our business development team, account managers, and Service Center leadership to agree on final staffing decisions.
- Lead regular staffing opportunities calls with Service Centre employees up for staffing to understand their strengths, interests, and needs.
- Communicate staffing decisions and assignments to our professionals (one-on-one) and be their contact person in staffing-related matters.
- Manage and update staffing information in relevant systems, particularly AmaliTech’s Resource Management System (ARMS).
- Conceptualise and coordinate our skills in the data collection and verification process.
- Monitor the submission of complete and accurate timesheets by all staff and their approval by managers promptly.
- Maintain an updated repository of our meticulous CVs for all our professionals, ready to be shared with clients.
Not limited to the competencies below, the ideal candidate must possess:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Operations, Computer Science, or HR.
- Minimum of four years of work experience in similar roles, preferably in Staffing / Talent Matching
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in an IT company.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident public speaker and effective communicator in several environments (e.g. larger group discussions as well as one-on-one conversations)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including presenting sophisticated information optimally and keeping track of multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Strong coping skills (highly resilient)
- Consistent track record of thinking out of the box, strategically and tactically about business, customers, product, and technical challenges.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to structure, plan, and prioritise work and projects effectively.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to new circumstances, priorities, and ideas.
- Ability to be diligent and detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritise high-quality customer service and effectively manage and meet customer expectations.
- Ability to demonstrate responsiveness, initiative, and an orientation towards service and broader business needs.
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively with others and in teams.
- Ability to actively listen to others while possessing the ability to deliver tough messages assertively and constructively.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
What To Expect:
Working with AmaliTech provides excellent career growth and development opportunities in a healthy, diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will make you feel part of our family to engage you on the job.
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualification and experience
- Lunch allowance
- Tier 3
- Bonuses and gift vouchers
- Internet data allocation for remote work
- Employee welfare benefits
- Employee bonding activities (bi-monthly happy hour, sporting activities)
- Application. Click "I'm Interested" to apply.
- Online Interview(s)
- Job Offer
Application deadline is November 15, 2023.