Senior Backend Developer (Java)
AmaliTech Services is a fast-growing software development company. We deliver software solutions to clients ranging from major international brands to innovative startups across Europe and Africa. We work with cutting-edge technology to deliver outstanding products and offer continuous growth and development opportunities as well as international exposure to all employees. With headquarters in Germany, we are over 120 strong team members based in Ghana (Takoradi and Accra) and Rwanda (Kigali).
AmaliTech Services is a subsidiary of AmaliTech. AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth, and local community support on the ground.
A Java developer with technical skills to develop, code, test, and debug software and apps. You have the necessary soft skills to work well in a software development team.
- Designing and implementing Java-based applications.
- Analysing user requirements to inform application design.
- Defining application objectives and functionality.
- Aligning application design with business goals.
- Developing and testing software.
- Debugging and resolving technical problems that arise.
- Producing detailed design documentation.
- Recommending changes to existing Java infrastructure.
- Developing multimedia applications.
- Developing documentation to assist users.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or related field
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Backend Developer
- Knows core Java skills and is familiar with Java build tools, EE components, testing tools, application containers, and markup languages.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Works well independently and has solid time management, prioritisation, and organisation skills.
- Strong collaborating and communication skills, relationship-building, and cooperation skills
- Knowledge about microservices (architecture, patterns)
- Solution-oriented way of working along with a good team and communication skills
- Bonuses and gift vouchers
- Internet data allocation for remote work
- Medical insurance (includes eye care and dental)
- Employee welfare benefits (for weddings, funerals)
- Interest-free loans for accommodation
- Employee bonding activities (bi-monthly happy hour, sporting activities)
What To Expect:
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job.
- Application. Click on the "I'm Interested" to apply.
- General Coding Assessment
- Online Interview
- Job Offer