Graduate Trainee Programme (Fast Track)
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer employment pathways into the digital sector, accompanying young tech talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. AmaliTech Training Academy Limited Ghana has been in full operation since May 2019.
Graduate Trainee Programme (Fast Track)
"Unlock Your Full Potential in Software Development and Secure a Role in 3 Months!"
The Fast Track programme is designed for unemployed or underemployed junior developers with 1-2 years of experience in a modern frontend or backend programming stack. The program aims to provide a path for applicants to gain proficiency in their existing skills and an opportunity to join the AmaliTech Service Centre for full-time employment as a Software Developer.
Duration and Structure
The programme is designed to be completed in 3 months in a hybrid environment.
Part 1: Online course content
The first month of the programme is entirely online, and the trainees will focus on the following topics:
- Software Engineering Principles: Introduction to software development methodologies, architecture, design patterns, and best practices.
- Coding Standards: Understanding and adhering to industry-standard coding practices and conventions to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Agile Methodology: Introducing the Agile development framework and the importance of iterative and incremental development in a team setting.
- Communication and Collaboration Skills: Teaching effective communication, teamwork, and project management skills to foster a collaborative work environment.
Part 2: In-person capstone project
The second part of the programme focuses on hands-on training and evaluation through an 8-week-long capstone project.
- Trainees will be required to complete a full-stack group capstone project.
- Each group will be given a real-world software project to develop from start to finish, applying the skills learned during the online training.
- The project will be completed with the agile-SCRUM framework, with mentors and industry experts from the AmaliTech Service Centre providing guidance and support throughout the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT, or programming (coding) related background.
- HND with at least a year of programming working experience.
- Experience with at least one frontend or backend programming stack, such as React, Angular, Node.js, Django, Spring Boot, etc.
- Familiar with Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object Oriented Programming
- Good working knowledge of TypeScript is an added advantage.
- Must have a strong interest and temperament for Computer Programming
- Must have completed or are about to complete National Service
Expectations and Benefits
- Stipend: Trainees will receive a monthly stipend during the second part of the program to cover their expenses and encourage total dedication to the capstone project.
- Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided during the in-person capstone project in Takoradi, Ghana, to ensure a conducive learning and working environment.
- Employment Offer: Successful candidates who complete the program and demonstrate proficiency in the capstone project will be offered employment as Junior Developers at the AmaliTech Service Centre in Takoradi or Accra.
- Initial Screening: Candidates will submit their applications, and their resumes, including profiles and portfolios, will be reviewed to ensure they meet the minimum requirements.
- Interview: a 25-minute interaction to kickstart the process to join our training programme.
- Coding Assessment: Shortlisted candidates will complete an online coding assessment to assess their technical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Mini-Project: Successful candidates from the coding assessment will be given a mini-project to be completed online, which a team of experienced developers will evaluate.
- Offer: Successful candidates will be presented with an offer for the training with a start date.
Required documents while applying:
- Latest copy of CV (PDF format)
- Scanned copies of certificates and/or transcripts as single file (PDF format)
- Passport size photo (either JPG, JPEG, PNG format)
- Scanned copy of a valid national ID Card (any format)
- Scanned copy of NSS Certificate (PDF format)
- Other certificates (optional)
Equal Employment Opportunity
A diverse workforce is an important driving force of an efficient tech ecosystem. Therefore, AmaliTech promotes gender equality and the inclusion of persons living with disabilities. We are determined to be one of the market leaders in the global drive for employment equality. We celebrate diversity, thrive on creating an inclusive environment for all employees and aiming for balance in our workforce.
How To Apply
As candidates join our Training Academy every month, we process successful applications received for each month and enrol them in the next month.
Interested and qualified applicants should click I'M INTERESTED below and follow the instructions to apply.
- - - - -
Join our Facebook page, AmaliTech Let's Talk IT, for interactive sessions and assistance should you encounter challenges while applying.
Contact us, Mon-Fri, 8am to 4pm, 0501697290 or 0501619835.