AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders that harness the potential of remote working to build the future of work in sub-Saharan Africa, and reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth, and local community support.
AmaliTech provides employment pathways in the tech sector to young graduates in Sub-Saharan Africa, connecting them to the global demand for tech talent. Our approach combines training with employment and continuous learning because evidence shows that only this integrated approach works. By focusing on skilled IT services, we contribute to ecosystem development and the emergence of a future-proof industry with growth engine potential.
With headquarters in Germany, we are over 120 strong team members based in Ghana (Takoradi and Accra) and Rwanda (Kigali).
AmaliTech is looking for a strong and motivated Software Cloud Developer to mentor trainees to expose them to real hands-on experience in the deliverables in our Service Centre. You will be part of a dynamic, services-first team in a client-oriented organisation passionate about customer experience. Working in the AmaliTech Training Centre to provide specialised technical and instructional training support, mentoring and courseware development.
Designation: Cloud Developer
Job Location: Accra/ Takoradi
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Head of Training Centre Manager
Duties And Responsibilities
- Engage trainees in regular sessions and technical check-ins to provide guidance and support in their AWS cloud development journey.
- Conduct trainee evaluations to assess their progress, identify areas of improvement, and provide constructive feedback to help them address gaps and enhance their skills.
- Guide trainees through code reviews, ensuring adherence to coding standards, best practices, and project requirements while working in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with other trainers to develop and update training materials, including presentations, assessments, and projects.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting collaboration, knowledge sharing, and professional growth among trainees.
- Attend all required meetings, including weekly team and reporting meetings, providing updates on trainee progress, project status, and other relevant information.
- Assist in developing individualised training plans tailored to each trainee's specific needs and goals.
- Actively participate in mentoring program planning and execution, suggesting innovative approaches and ideas to enhance the learning experience.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and trends in AWS cloud development, sharing relevant updates and insights with trainees.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Head of the Department to support the overall success of the training program.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- An AWS Associate or Professional Cloud Certificate (Architect, Developer, SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer).
- Strong proficiency in AWS cloud development, with at least two years of hands-on experience designing, implementing, and deploying applications using various AWS services.
- In-depth understanding of AWS core services, such as EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, and RDS.
- Proven experience mentoring or training individuals in software development or AWS cloud development concepts, tools, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage and motivate trainees.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle, agile methodologies, and coding standards.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and guidance to trainees, promoting continuous improvement and learning.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues during mentoring sessions.
- Understanding DevOps capabilities such as automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery is a plus.
- Shares in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH.
What To Expect:
Working with AmaliTech provides excellent career growth and development opportunity in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will make you feel part of our family to engage you on the job.
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualification and experience
- Lunch allowance
- Tier 3
- Bonuses and gift vouchers
- Internet data allocation for remote work
- Medical insurance (includes eye care and dental)
- Employee welfare benefits (for weddings, funerals)
- Interest-free loans for accommodation
- Employee bonding activities (bi-monthly happy hour, sporting activities)
- Application. Click "I'm Interested" to apply.
- Online Interview(s)
- Job Offer