Senior DevOps Engineer
AmaliTech is a social enterprise that harnesses the potential of remote working to build the future of work in Sub-Saharan Africa. We provide employment pathways in the tech sector to young graduates in Sub-Saharan Africa, connecting them to the global demand for tech talent. Our headquarters is in Germany and we have operations in Ghana and Rwanda.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Senior DevOps Engineer to join our ever-growing development teams.
You will be working on advanced infrastructure solutions, focusing on our CI/CD as well as all automation-related tasks. We work with CircleCI, Kubernetes, Terraform and all other cutting-edge technologies.
Our teams build and maintain projects in both front-end and back-end, from inception to launch, with a wide variety of tools. You’ll play a key role in improving the Developer Experience for our engineering teams, making them more productive and enabling them to develop faster while delivering new features with confidence and high quality.
What We Expect From You
- Research and implement new ways to improve developer workflows and practices
- Build and maintain and execute new and existing CI/CD infrastructure
- Be a part of the design and implementation of Kubernetes-based infrastructure
- Enhance existing components through bug fixes
- Refactor existing source code to reduce technical debt
- Ensure large dataset performance-related issues are addressed
- Work closely with the development team on the best solutions for the application
- Proactively raise and take part in the ongoing discussions regarding code-source improvements
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer
- Experience in Docker, K8S
- Experience using CI/CD solutions (CircleCI/Travis/GitlabCI/Jenkins)
- Good understanding of Terraform
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Bash/Python scripting
- Knowledge of GoLang is a plus
- Ability to write efficient, secure, well-documented and clean code
- Proficiency with Docker
- An outcome-focused individual with strong team-player traits
- Security best practices on Cloud services
- Bonuses and gift vouchers
- Internet data allocation for remote work
- Medical insurance (includes eye care and dental)
- Employee welfare benefits (for weddings, funerals)
- Interest-free loans for accommodation
- Employee bonding activities (bi-monthly happy hour, sporting activities)
- Application submission
- Coding challenge
- Online interview
- Job offer
What To Expect
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job.