Software Developer Mentor
- Ama Akroma Rd, Takoradi, Ghana
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer employment pathways into the digital sector, accompanying young tech talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. AmaliTech Training Academy Limited Ghana has been in full operation since May 2019.
AmaliTech is looking for a strong and motivated Software Developer to mentor trainees to expose them to have real hands-on experience in the deliverables in our Service Centre.
You will be part of a dynamic, services first team in a client-oriented organisation that is passionate about customer experience.
- Job Location: Takoradi, Ghana
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week
- Reports to: Head of Training Centre
- Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
- Engage trainees in regular sessions and technical check-ins to help improve their skills through mentoring
- Conduct trainee evaluation to find the areas of improvement
- Perform code reviews
- Solicit and respond to feedback from trainees
- Attend all required meetings including weekly team and reporting meetings
- Assist in the development of individualized training plans
- Contribute to the development of curriculum and training materials
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Head of Department
- Work on assigned project(s) with the relevant skills in an agile environment
- Guide the young software developers during code review and retrospective sessions
- Regular upskilling by availing company provided and approved resources
This position requires a minimum of:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline of study
- At least three (3) years of practical application of software development and/or engineering experience
- Prior experience as trainer/instructor is an advantage
- Experience in designing technical course content is an advantage
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS preferred
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of DevOps capabilities such as automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery preferred
- Proven experience of working in an international company or on projects for international clients preferred
- Shares in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click I'M INTERESTED below and follow the instructions to apply.
Deadline for receiving of applications is close of April 30, 2022.
What To Expect
Working with AMALITECH provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job. You have the opportunity of building an international IT career and working with global IT companies.