- Kigali, Rwanda
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer employment pathways into the digital sector, accompanying young tech talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training empowers youth with the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market.
A diverse workforce is an important driving force of an efficient tech ecosystem. Therefore, AmaliTech promotes gender equality and the inclusion of persons living with disabilities. We are determined to be one of the market leaders in the global drive for employment equality. We celebrate diversity, thrive on creating an inclusive environment for all employees, and aiming for balance in our workforce.
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: CEO
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
The Manager of Operations will mainly be in charge of managing our training services and the service center located in Kigali, as well as leading teams in all other service centers that would be established across Rwanda in the near future.
- Ensure the eventual and successful execution of contracts received from AmaliTech’s clients.
- Develop strategic plans for the successful management of the service center.
- Ensure the service center is fixed and updated with the needed IT infrastructure for efficient and effective service production.
- Manage service center team leaders by coaching, communicating job expectations, and appraising performance.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Track and maintain service center hardware and software inventory.
- Continuously research, analyze and evaluate current processes and emerging technologies, hardware, and software and advise management accordingly to identify areas of improvement in the service center.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare a budget based on the scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet the budget.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates consistently to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to the agreed-upon quality standards.
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with clients.
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables.
- Managing customer satisfaction within the project transition period.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- ERP project oversight.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 8 to 10 years of post-qualification full-time experience; OR
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with an MBA and 5 years of postqualification full-time experience; OR
- A master’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years of post-qualification full-time experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not required.
- Experience in ITIL is preferable.
- Experience in working with all stages of SDLC is advantageous.
- Experience with Product Development and Product Management is a definite plus.
- Familiarity with AGILE, SCRUM, and WATERFALL, etc.
- Expertise in data center management and data governance is advantageous.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must exhibit professionalism.
- Ability to manage personnel.
- Experience of working in a similar capacity within a multinational organization would be a distinct advantage.
- Must have demonstrated experience as a project manager.
- Budget management experience.
- Shares in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration, and Integrity) and vision of AmaliTech.
Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) who need further assistance and support for the application process should please reach out to our HR Team by sending an email to [email protected]. Should you contact our HR team, kindly provide us with information about your disability and how you would need assistance to complete our application process regarding your specific situation.
How To Apply
Please click on the "I'm Interested" link either in the header of this page, or on the top right side, and follow the instructions.