Data Science Team Lead
- SSNIT St, Takoradi, Ghana
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer employment pathways into the digital sector, accompanying young tech talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. AmaliTech Training Academy Limited Ghana has been in full operations since May 2019.
Job Location: Ghana
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Service Centre Manager/Client Services Manager
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
AmaliTech is looking for a strong and motivated Data Science Team Lead to lead all Data Science projects. You will lead a dynamic, services based team in a client oriented organisation that is passionate about customer experience.
- Leads all data science projects and analytical experiments
- Modelling and automation of complex business relationships (e.g. optimization of logistical processes)
- Define and build analytical models, test hypothesis, and implement prototypes using advanced statistical and Machine Learning techniques
- Contributing to the development of innovative solutions
- Ability to lead a diverse team, to interact with international clients with diplomacy and tact and to deliver projects on time.
● Minimum of university degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics,
economics or a related field
● Ideally, several years of experience in the Analytics or related area
● Strong knowledge of mathematical modeling is highly desirable.
● Very good knowledge of at least one of the following is required: Python, R or Java.
● Understanding of optimization, and data mining methods.
● Experience with methods of agile product development is desirable but not required.
● ability to understand complex issues and scenarios in detail to analyze the findings of a non-technical audience to present course
● In addition, Project Management experience would be a huge plus.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click "I'm Interested" below and follow the instructions to apply.
Deadline for receiving applications is at 17:00GMT, on Friday, January 29, 2021.
What To Expect
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job.