Service Centre Manager
- SSNIT St, Takoradi, Ghana
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer employment pathways into the digital sector, accompanying young tech talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. AmaliTech Training Academy Limited Ghana has been in full operations since May 2019.
Job Location: Ghana
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
The service centre manager will mainly be in charge of managing our service centre located in Takoradi, as well as leading teams in all other service centres that would be established across Ghana in the near future.
- Ensure the eventual and successful execution of contracts received from AmaliTech’s clients.
- Develop strategic plans for the successful management of the service centre.
- Ensure the service centre is fixed and updated with the needed IT infrastructure for efficient and effective service production.
- Manage service centre team leaders by coaching, communicating job expectations and appraising performance.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Track and maintain service centre hardware and software inventory.
- Continuously research, analyse and evaluate current processes and emerging technologies, hardware and software and advise management accordingly to identify areas of improvement in the service centre.
This position requires a minimum of:
- a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years of post-qualification full time experience; or
- a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with an MBA and 5 years of post-qualification full time experience; or
- a master’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years of post-qualification full time experience.
- Experience in ITIL is preferable.
- Experience of working with all stages of SDLC is advantageous.
- Deep understanding of software architecture in either JAVA or C/C++.
- Experience with Product Development and Product Management is a definite plus.
- Familiarity with AGILE, SCRUM and WATERFALL, etc.
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Must exhibit professionalism.
- Ability to manage personnel.
- Experience of working in a similar capacity within a multinational organisation
- Shares in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click "I'm Interested" below and follow the instructions to apply.
Deadline for receiving applications is at 17:00GMT, on Friday, December 31, 2020.
What To Expect
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job.