Soft Skills Trainer
- SSNIT St, Takoradi, Ghana
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer an employment pathway into the digital sector, accompanying young talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. AmaliTech Training Academy Limited Ghana was initially founded and has been in full operations in 2019.
A diverse workforce is an important driving force of an efficient tech ecosystem. Therefore, AmaliTech promotes gender equality and the inclusion of persons living with disabilities. We are determined to be one of the market leaders in the global drive for employment equality. We celebrate diversity, thrive on creating an inclusive environment for all employees and aiming for balance in our workforce.
Job Location: Ghana
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Head of Training Centre
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
Working in the AmaliTech Training Centre to deliver soft skills training courses to Graduate Trainees in preparation for their work in the AmaliTech Service Centre and internal AmaliTech staff where need be. The soft skills trainer will be involved in curriculum development, creating course content, imparting knowledge to trainees and employees as needed.
- Creating and continuously optimizing a course outline and curriculum that covers the soft skills courses you will be required to teach to better prepare trainees and employees for the ever changing global work environment
- Teach courses such as Business Communication, Personal and Professional Development (focusing on Career Pathways, workplace readiness, etc) ,Intercultural Communication and Team Work and Collaboration and other soft skills courses that will be introduced.
- Keep a track of training curriculum and materials, and make enhancements as necessary
- Report anything that needs to be modified in curriculum, classroom or equipment to the Head of Training Centre
- Conduct evaluation to find the areas of improvement or the ones that need attention
- Prepare teaching materials such as summaries, videos, presentation slides, etc
- Makes sure to engage trainees in daily sessions and improve their skills by promoting teamwork and collaboration
- Enhance and illustrate course material with appropriate analogies, real-world examples, projects, and case studies.
- Facilitate a problem-solving mindset in trainees and employees.
- Assist the recruitment department with recruitment by interviewing prospective candidates
- Engaging in mentoring, coaching and the professional development of trainees and employees
- Perform other responsibilities that will be assigned to you as and when the situation demands
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Administration, Social Sciences or a closely related field.
- Minimum of two years of post-graduate professional experience in training, preferably working in the Training department of a multinational company
- Excellent working knowledge in the creation of curriculum and administering same in training
- Knowledge in assessing and grading candidate performance
- Proven leadership ability and effective problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments.
- Effective communicator with expertise in conveying knowledge to others.
- Passionate to teach others: can create a friendly and inclusive environment.
- Understanding of effective teaching skills and tools.
- A creative thinker who can find solutions to problems in a short time.
- Deep knowledge of cross-cultural communication and ability to moderate a diverse classroom.
- Knowledge in mentoring, coaching and professional development of employees, providing feedback to employees
- Experience in interviewing prospective employees
- Must have advanced IT skills, advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook, access, power point), Microsoft teams, Google Meet, Zoom, etc
- Must have the ability to quickly learn and use relevant software required for training
- Share in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AmaliTech
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click "I'm Interested" below and follow the instructions to apply.
Deadline for receiving applications is at 17:00GMT, on Saturday, October 31, 2020.
What To Expect
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job.