Sign Language Interpreter
- SSNIT St, Takoradi, Ghana
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer an employment pathway into the digital sector, accompanying young talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. AmaliTech Training Academy Limited Ghana was initially founded and has been in full operations in 2019.
A diverse workforce is an important driving force of an efficient tech ecosystem. Therefore, AmaliTech promotes gender equality and the inclusion of persons living with disabilities. We are determined to be one of the market leaders in the global drive for employment equality. We celebrate diversity, thrive on creating an inclusive environment for all employees and aiming for balance in our workforce.
Job Location: Ghana
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Head of Training Centre
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
This role will ensure AmaliTech staff who are hearing impaired are communicated to effectively by all other employees and also train AmaliTech staff in sign language.This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Responsible for sign language interpretation to all AmaliTech staff who are hearing impaired
- Train all AmaliTech Staff during in-house workshops on sign language
- Assist trainers to create course content and materials to support teaching and learning for the hearing impaired
- Assisting trainers to create and continuously optimize course outlines and curriculum that are inclusion driven to meet needs of hearing impaired trainees
- Assist trainers to keep track of training curriculum and materials, and make enhancements as necessary
- Report anything that needs to be modified in curriculum, classroom or equipment to enhance teaching and learning for the hearing impaired to the Head of Training Centre
- Conduct evaluation to find the areas of improvement or the ones that need attention
- Assist trainers to prepare teaching materials such as summaries, videos, presentation slides, etc
- Perform other support roles within the training centre as well as all other departments within the company as the situation demands
- Bachelor of Education degree in Special Education, specializing in Sign Language Interpretation or similar field
- 2 years working experience in a similar position preferably in a multinational company.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Must have advanced IT skills, advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook, access, power point), Microsoft teams, Google Meet, Zoom, etc
- Must have the ability to quickly learn and use relevant software required for training
- Willing to go the extra mile to achieve set targets
- Must exhibit highest form of professionalism
- Share in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click "I'm Interested" below and follow the instructions to apply.
Deadline for receiving applications is at 17:00GMT, on Saturday, October 03, 2020.
What To Expect
Working with AmaliTech provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job.