- SSNIT St, Takoradi, Ghana
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer an employment pathway into the digital sector, accompanying young talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. AmaliTech Training Academy Limited Ghana was initially founded and has been in full operations in 2019.
A diverse workforce is an important driving force of an efficient tech ecosystem. Therefore, AmaliTech promotes gender equality and the inclusion of persons living with disabilities. We are determined to be one of the market leaders in the global drive for employment equality. We celebrate diversity, thrive on creating an inclusive environment for all employees and aiming for balance in our workforce.
Job Location: Ghana
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
The Facility Assistant will mainly be responsible for compliance, safety, efficiency, cleanliness, maintenance of inventories and property management for a safe and sound work environment. Additionally, this position includes working as a building project supervisor. This position requires a minimum of an HND degree and at least 2 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Ensuring working environment and working areas are safe and conducive.
- Ensuring minor building repairs are spotted early and properly done.
- Reporting maintenance issues to superior as required.
- Assess project risk and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Provide maintenance support when needed.
- Liaising with external contacts, such as landlords, utility companies, contractors, service providers, etc., ensuring services are delivered on time, on budget and to an acceptable standard.
- Ensuring security routines are monitored and controls maintained.
- Receiving and processing incoming stock and materials.
- Managing, organising and retrieving stock.
- Provide other project management and administrative support to the Director of Operations and other team members as needed.
A minimum of an HND or higher qualification in Civil Engineering, Building Technology or other related field with 2 or more years working experience in a similar position.
- Understanding Building Drawing, property repairs and maintenance.
- Vender and supplier management.
- Having experience reading construction documents.
- Able to use MS office, Email and Google suite among other office application.
- Understanding and experience in procurement processes.
- Project management experience, including successful coordination of multiple activities.
- Strong ability to prioritize among multiple tasks.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, partners in a professional manner.
- Key Personality Traits
- Resourceful, results-oriented self-starter.
- Enjoys working on multiple projects, thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing environment.
- Passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- Comfortable connecting with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Share in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants should click I'M INTERESTED below and follow the instructions to apply.
Deadline for receiving of applications is 17:00pm GMT on 30th September, 2020.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Working with AMALITECH provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job. You have the opportunity of building an international IT career and working with global IT companies.